Monday, November 12, 2007

My History and Why.

7 months+ of trainings and so much had changed.

22 March 2007. I remember that day, the first day where I and Farhan went to Fort (now known as Castle). We decided to meet up and Parkour, just playing and jumping around like we always do. I did jumps from heights, and record them with my handphone. I thought I was like "pro" and I did brag that I'm better than my friends.

We started Parkour after watching Yamakasi the movie, than we tried to act like them. Never we knew that we would get so interested in Parkour in the end.

Then it was just me, Farhan and Malek, who regularly go out together, and in this case, Parkour together. We like to go to Fort after school and play Parkour catching. I was actually the noob and Farhan is the pro. Suddenly it became the new fad in our class, unintentionally. Well I don't know how but it spreaded to our classmates and they decided to joined us.

We used to play blindmice at Fort and slack over there for hours, and then go home. It's fun, the whole class is there and trying out the cat leaps, climbing the wall, learning how to vault and just plainly having fun. Its like a whole group of fucking newbies.

And then on one Sunday me and Farhan made a mini-movie, "Till the End", we thought that the video is going to rock. The first video that we made, and shockingly the whole class liked it. Then we continued to meet up and and make more videos, and formed a group called Phantokour, which consisted the original three of us.

And they we made more videos, the "47 seconds parkour" video, "phantokour compilation", more and more. But one video made a big hit, the "vaultees" video, which is a revised version of the first ever video, which sucks alot. And then we make the "best of phantokour" video. And then there was the new phantokour and turboduo.

That period I was notorious for bailing alot, making me the source of laughter for the class, and we started to do gate vaults which was everyone favourite. Everyone like Farhan and they thought that he was the best amongst all of us, which is true at that time.

After that, of course they had no more interest in Parkour, and they when on to steal bikes and find other hobbies.

There was alot more, until 8th July 2007, the first PKSG jam that I that attended. It was fun, and I learnt alot more about Parkour and then I also learnt how to do more things. And I continued attending jams.

The second PKSG jam I attended was super fun, I think it was the best jam ever. So many people came, lets see. Khai (long fringe), Khai, Wesley, Me, Zahid, Adil, Hayat, Nazri, Isham, Hao Jie, Rahman, Tim, Germaine, Don, Ridhwan, Hidayat, Aliph, Nazir, and alot more guys are there invading Castle (which was formerly known as Fort). Nazir teached the technique for wall pass and saut de chats, and until now it helped me alot.

And I still continued attending jams, everyday after school meeting Wes and co. They really helped me alot. And then one day I met GPJ, Zahid's friend.

GPJ inspired me alot, to train more on strength, to train for the muscle up on wall, to inspire me to get the muscle up, to change my diet and eat healthier, and he taught me alot about strength training. If not for him I wouldn't be as strong as I am right now. I will still be doing purely movements and not condition myself.

I had to thank the PKSG guys alot, they inspired and motivated me to get right here right now. I also wish to specifically thank Wes as he inspired alot and he was the one over there at Dino, waiting for me to finally get that stupid SDC to precision, and I was training with him almost everyday before his O Levels starts.
Nazir inspired in my method of training and in my perception of Parkour too, although sometimes he can be quite bastardy, but really, he helped me alot in terms of techniques and Parkour itself.
Parkour.net made me realize what is Parkour and that place is where I've also been to when I'm on the internet because it is the best place to get information from.
And lastly everyone that I've been training with, thanks for the company and motivation.

I still remember the time when I couldn't even do one pull up, the time before I practiced Parkour. I still remember the time when I can hardly climb up that wall. I still remember that time when I couldn't even the do the "monkey vault". I still remember that time went I couldn't do the "cat leap" at castle. I still remember that time when I was so noobish to jump down from heights. I still remember how retarded I was making fucking noobish videos and post it on youtube for whatever reasons. I still remember how retarded I was to be with all those posers last time.

Now I'm really into Parkour. I will dedicate my life to Parkour and keep on training. I don't care what others are gonna say, those retarded guys who think that I'm super stupid to waste a lifetime training. I guess they are even more stupider than me. For the others, hmmm, what are you? Spending a lifetime doing what? Playing computer games? Going out with friends? Eat shits? Have fun? Ok, I don't mind. But if you think I'm a stupid Parkour boy then, whatever, you guys just fucking jealous. I mean what? How about you? Rot at home and do nothing but wanting to have fun and being a weak piece of shit? Ehhh, your probelm, just don't try to think that what I'm doing is stupid or retarded or whatever lame bullshits, because If you think that way, you are probably is more stupid, because it wouldn't help if you slack at home and stay fat and/or insult others. Continue laughing and mocking, because in years to come you will regret, and I wouldn't care either. It just goes to show how immature and retarded you are. HAHA! Ok go play your computer games.

And yeah, sometimes I really wish that those posers in Youtube and at castle can go learn what parkour is, because if they think it is all about gate vaults, fancy moves and big drops, you can go fuck yourself, because really, you are retarded. Stop spoiling the image of Parkour.

I don't know why everyone that don't know parkour, the public in general, thinks that it is all about high risk, dangerous stunts, and it is all about fancy moves and flips, and crazy difficult stuffs, and also full of big drops. My parents are one example. They think it is all about that - Stupid stuffs and dangerous stunts. Jump jump. Jump here jump there. Very typical Singaporeans. Thinking it is a nuisance to the public. Whats wrong with them? Stupid bullshits. Nevermind.

Back on topic..
Its only a mere 7 months. So much had changed. I've become more stronger, and become much more better. I progressed so quickly, something which is good but can be detrimental too. Parkour had changed my life, and will be a part of my life. I wonder next year, how much more would I change? I wonder when I'm Sec 4, what am I? I wonder when I get to poly, what will happen to me? It is nice to know, but scary to find out.

Hmmm, why Parkour mean so much to me? It is a hard question. It is like something I really like, because it is fun, and it just shows how capable the human body is. Maybe to be stronger, to keep fit, to be more agile. And we can become what we was 65 million years ago, monkeys. And it gives you alot of freedom of movement. The human body is not restricted to just being able to walk, but stupid humanoids nowadays make it a norm to just walk. And yes, Parkour might be useful in times where I need to escape, or to get somewhere quickly.

It feels so nice to move again. Like I said on my title, I thank god for the ability to move.

This is why I will never stop training.

No comments: