Sunday, March 2, 2008

Some thoughts.

Update.
Today I went for upperbody training. It suddenly started to rain when I'm about to finish my upperbody. I did tire my body out before I went off, a total of 8 sets weighted pullups. And a few muscleups, which is really easily gone after more weighted pullups, as I find that my muscleups are only good when I'm fresh. Lol, I need more practice. Oh yeah my muscleups and pulling strength is back, thankfully. I guess I needed more rest.

Tomorrow I'm gonna go to gym to train my lowerbody. I will still do squats for the strength and deadlift for the form. For deadlift I will stick to 20kg for maximum training for its form and squats as usual 30kg again.

I feel that I want to start and concentrate more on tricking. I feel that my skills in Parkour definitely have alot more room for improvements, but I'm quite satisfied in it already, so I decided to take a mini break from it. I will dedicate a month, purely based on repetitions and practice. I will continue to do strength training 3 times a week, but 2 days of tricking, one day at playgrounds. The reason behind it is that I don't wanna rely on gym too much, so its playgrounds to get used and practice the flips that I could already and gym for trying out new stuffs, and of course practicing abit.

But if I were to take a break, I will definitely lose some of my skills because I stop training it for awhile. What I plan is to dedicate one whole month on tricking and tricking. Since tricking is really rely quite alot on muscle memory, I must be cautious to not bail or screw up, so usually the session would be quite short. Then there will still be time for training movements. I will just make use of the gym and trick seriously and more often instead of slacking around for nothing. So it will still be 3 strength training days, 2 working days, 2 days of tricking + movements.

And also, I want to take one month, just one month, and use like 1 hour or less to train repetitions of movements. And after that I will do what I will need to do, strength training, work, or continue training movements. This will be quite hard because I will definitely get distracted, and it will take up alot of time. I don't know but this will need self-discipline, some real tough self-discipline.

And I plan that for this year, I will spend 2 times a week hopefully not being distracted in other things in the gym to strengthen up my legs, to strengthen my knees, ankles and lowerback. Hopefully by the end of this March my deadlift form is ok so I can lift for functional strength rather then functional hypertrophy. I know my limits and I should not overlift and go pass my limits, something that will be dangerous to my body. I want gradual progression. I hope to get 2x bodyweight squats and deadlifts (or even more) by the end of this year, although it seems hard, I will try my best. The next year I will progress into plyometrics and olympic weightlifting, combined with sprinting and Parkour training, that is if I know that my legs and joints had gotten strong enough. So this year training for strength, next year for power and of course strength once in awhile.

I have been eating more and hopefully healthier now and I'm taking glucosamine thanks to my mum everyday now. I hope to eat more fruits and healthier stuffs and I feel that I still have stomachache after eating, I don't know whether is it my body isn't yet conditioned to the food and the quantity(yes I've heard of this before), or rather eating wrong food, mcwings for example. This combined with proper training with good form and no pushing of limits, and no impactful, stressful, and stupid stuffs in movements training, will definitely give me a happy healthier lifestyle.

Flexibility is an issue in Parkour too. I want to learn how to tuck tighter, gain more flexibility in my wrists, ankles, hamstrings, lowerback and groin. Flexibility in those areas will lessen injuries, like flexible ankles will be better in absorbing impactful armjumps. I'm stretching more now, and I have not much knowledge in stretching so far, so I should start researching more about it, same goes for human kinetics, psychology, human body, strength training, and many other things that are worth reading. I wouldn't want to waste my time in the internet too, but sadly I think I am. I should spend less time on the comp, unless it is something productive.

I got my long mark sheet today, and I expected an F9, for chinese obviously. And also Amaths because of the stupid test, wow. Luckily thanks to Mr Khan, he gave me a VR. POA, CH and PsyChem got As, but Emaths got a C5, English stupidly got a B4. I seriously need to improve Maths and English if I decided to neglect in Chinese so that they could pull me up. Stupid chinese will pull me down in everything, aggregrate, overall score, grades and position. This just sucks. I need to get a tuition teacher. And also, I need to buck up if I wanna go Singapore Poly, it wouldn't be easy. Suddenly I was informed that CCA points are counted in L1R4 (poly), which is stupid, I can't believe it, this means I need to put in double effort and hardwork while others have an added advantage. How stupid.

Mind training on Thrusday, watch out for it.
---------------------------
Some thoughts I've been thinking in the past few days.

Firstly about training.
I confirmed that I'm going to do two days of leg training (at gym) and one day upperbody strength training, one day of movements, one day of tricking (+ some movements), and two rest days (working).

Legs training at gym, I seriously have to start working on deadlifts. My squats are getting better but I know I cannot increase the weight yet. I must still work abit on the form, as I just learnt full squats which are better. From the gym guys they still stated out that I round my lower body a little sometimes. Also, my deadlifts, sucks. I have alot to practice on. I have to focus more on improving the form and not lifting heavier yet. The time will come, safety is more important.

Movements, I really need to get back to the past training then I lose focus on. Repetitions. I really need to do 50 50 50 50 50 everything. I need to dedicate one month for this, and no rests at all, I must be disciplined. I must control myself. I will start training repetitions for every movements training from now on. My precisions haven't improved much, argh. My wall pass and sdc is there already. I must focus on my armjumps and precisions definitely.

Tricking. Wow new tricks are very hard to nail. Kick the moon and aerial are actually very hard tricks. I have to really work on my backflips, which still sucks. And my frontflip which is still on and off. What else, hmmm. Oh yeah sideflips, if possible. I have to focus more when I'm in gym and not waste my time. And I will work towards my kick the moon too. I really need to be dedicated in this.

Work. I think I'm more comfortable with work, although that I'm eating mcwings everytime I go there. I will just work for the money, not for anything else, maybe to get used to the working life too. A new experience. Lol.

Oh yeah and my sampler. I want to film it this march holidays, going to Bishan and Sengkang to film abit. Most of it will be in Tampines, some in Simei, and the rest in random spots, maybe Pasir Ris, and I don't know where else. There will be alot of runs more then individual movements (there will be some of course). I'm gonna test my filming skills, but I don't know who could help me film they way I want. Its gonna be hard...

Ok now I'm gonna list my thoughts.

Mind training. I have to dedicate one day every two weeks to train my mind, by asking about 5 or 6 questions that day which will really need to make my mind think. Its not only mind training for Parkour, but for Life too. Questions will be random, and they will be mind-boggling, thought-provoking, and brain-teasing. Maybe every Thrusday night. I will start next week, by blogging the questions over here.

The media is coming tomorrow (or maybe today), its gonna be myy first test of handling the meida, which I think every traceur will need to do one day. It is not to become spotlighted in magazine, tv, articles, radio, etc. But a test of how reliable you are, and a test of your knowledge. Do you trust your information you give to the media to be correct and reliable, good portrayal to the genral public? I hope it is. It will be a test.

Also, as a traceur, or even a good person, you must share your knowledge with the others. A traceur is one who learns and pass him information to the newcomers. I'm gonna test my skills to teach others too. Because I know alot of traceurs who are more experienced offered to give me hints, technique, tips, helps when I needed it, so its my turn to pay back. I want to teach too, its just another test, for tomorrow. I hope I can teach, and I can be a good teacher.

Wall pass. I did a really high wall in Simei (for me), which I did about a total of 7 times (I counted) all in about a total of 30 or less (or more) attempts. For each attempts I really focused alot, and I admit in some attempts are really unfocused and bullshit, but I have to focus alot and I use alot of effort in my attempts. Which is good, my focus had increased for sure. The wall is more then twice my height, something which I'm happy to show in my sampler thats for sure. I just proved to myself that nothing is impossible. The wall seems very high at first, but in the end I nailed it. I'm happy, but it is still very inconsistent, but its ok, more practice and repetititons.

Music. I recently found out of songs which are really nice to listen, Jurassic 5, Drum and bass, Chill out music, Underground hiphop, Electronic, Alternative Hiphop. Really nice songs, also can be used for videos. I need to find more songs though, I will not stop searching. I need to have something to listen to when I'm on bus, long trip on the trains, boring trips to school. Mp3, Ipod, Handphone. They are stress reliever, mind calmers, some even heart-thumping and relaxing. Its another way to express yourself other then writing, moving and thinking.

Friends. I find that they are important. I can't thank those people enough that have been good, nice, encouranging, accompanying, caring, helpful. I guess I need to cherish them more, same for life. You only feel the value once you lost them. Maybe I will emphasis more on this coming mindtraining.

Studies have been ok ok, with the exception of the normal, obvious, not shocking, Chinese. I don't like it dammit. And I don't know whether CCA points counts for the O level L1R4. So confusing. Lol but I already made up my mind to quit NCC, lol this sucks to lose 2 points just like that. That will be extra effort and hardwork to get to Singapore Poly now. I have to be disciplined again. Next week will be the last week of school for term 1. Getting back the report book, and I got a bad feeling about it, this sucks. And march holiday is coming in one week time, so fast! Dammit. Time really flies. Sucks.

Thats all I wanna say.

No comments: