Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Art of Movements.

EDIT.
Lets see what is going on with my trainings.
I recovered from my illness and now I'm back training. Well, for two days in this whole week. Anyway, friday, my movements training day, wasn't too good, but its good too. I see progression with my upperbody, but then its quite minimal. Its time to take my upperbody training to the next level. Where now I really want to train for the planche en force, and going to start training on my OAC already. Handbalancing is another thing I wanna practice on, but I will leave that for free time. My landings and precisions is very very sloppy, I need to practice more. The rest are pretty much the same, and I couldn't care much.

Tricking at gym too, was quite a waste of time yet again. I think I'm wasting my precious time in the gym, which is a privilege to be in. Why am I not training and using my time at the gym to the fullest potential? Damn, I really should be training my flips and tricks much more seriously now, and not drift away after a few backflips. I need to have aims, goals, all planned and I will be headed in a direction, not aimlessly. I need a diary, a notebook to keep track of what I'm doing, and write my goals and achievements, planning, and stuffs that I can refer to, take note of, and emphasize on. Thanks for GPJ for giving the idea, although I long already thought of this, but lets really start now.

Strength training at gym today was shit. My standing presses are really gay, I don't even think they are correct in form, same goes for my deadlifts. I was doing everything in a rush, since I only have 40minutes, as the gym closes at 5, on sundays.. sucks. Today was a totally gay training day, I must start proper strength training from tomorrow, but fuck, exams this fridays, and next week. Ha, life has full or puzzles and mazes for you to solve.

I need a greater jumping power and landing strength. This will be damn useful for me in everyway, tricks, movements, almost everything. My quest for strength and power begins here, as I begin my journey to become stronger and more powerful. I need to start training more seriously now. For that I need self-discipline.

I should working towards my goal, but am I?

-------------------------
It was a long time since I realize something new about Parkour and trainings, and stuffs like that. Mind training, which is something that I hadnt done for a long time, came naturally to me a few days ago. I realize some stuffs that might had made a huge impact to me. Sometimes when it comes to this kind of stuffs, you just really have to use your brain and think, and the answer will come to you. This is just 13months of trainings since I started, and I really think all of those training is fruitful, and I think it made what I am today. I could never say that all this is pointless at all.

Last few days I've been thinking, do I even practice parkour at all?
If parkour is "to get from A to B in the most fastest, efficient way as possible", then to me there is hardly anyone that practice parkour. I don't see the use of SDCs, standing precision jumps, individual movements, balancing, pointless stuffs, and stuffs like that. Whats the use of them anyway? But people are training that everytime, which in my opinion is pointless, if they are training for efficiency and for escape/reach purposes. That is what alot of people claim too, so that if I'm being chased, I could get away from them faster. Whatever.

And if I would want to train for efficiency and "true parkour", I should go train sprinting and running, real-situation runs, concentrate of 100% efficiency, and stuffs like that. 90% of the time you are running, especially even there is not much obstacles. I can tell you honestly traceurs are the weakest bunch of athletes, the way they train is purely based on what they think is good, but not on how things really work. And they don't do much training too, and the way they claim that they do "strength" training is really retarded. They don't even train properly, they don't even do researches. If they were to be compared to a sprinter, a rugby player, or even a basketballer, or simply put, any national athletes (not wannabes), a traceur will easily lose. Its a sad truth, even if compared to David Belle, a sprinter is much stronger then him. Bodyweight and debulking fanatics.

Come back to the real thing, I admit truthfully, I never once practice parkour, if parkour is "TGTATBITFAEWAP". I think, what I'm training is more of the art of movements. I like the joy to move, and I like the feeling of doing movements, its freedom, an art of expression. I don't do this to prove anything or to impress anyone, I do them because I want to, because I like it, because its me. To be able to move with such grace is a wonderful thing. Life is challenging, nothing is easy, but whatever I want can be done, with the determination and hardwork put in. And I'm not a traceur, I never practice parkour, but instead I am an artist of movements, practicing what the art of movements, and this is life, this is me.
I have the motivation and desire to be strong and agile, like every human should be, and this is my goals, my aims, my thinking. I train for myself, and nobody else, and I do what I want, and no one can stop me.

I guess you realize something every 2 or 3 months, and this is something that will come naturally and something that you cannot rush. And all this things are very hard to be put into words, because its something our your heart, conscience and mind can explain. As tomorrows keep becoming yesterdays, things will change, alot. I glad I came into this conclusion as now I'm more clear in my head of what I'm doing, and the purpose of it. Like I once said about what Sebastien Foucan said, "Without philosphy and purpose, action have no meaning". I also urge everyone to find out their true purpose and meaning, but this also take time, like I said stuffs like this cannot be rushed. Everyone trains for different reasons, and everyone should find their own individual reasons by themselves.

I having a headache and a mild fever now, and I feel very giddy and tired now (and throughout the day), and I have to shit everynow and then. This sucks, I get sleepy all the time, and very weak. I can't do much now but slack, and I have no choice anyway. I hope to get well soon as I have alot of trainings to do. And I better drink up more. Oh well, its hard to not get sick throughout one year, but I hope to do so in some time.

I can't wait to get stronger and more powerful, and I really like to strength train alot now. I guess I will fridays to do abit of technical movements and go to the gym and start seriously practicing some tricks, and the rest of the time I will be strength training (about 3 to 4 times), and by the end of the year I would love to see my progression. Weight training for the win! Now lets start to work towards my goals and train properly.

But on the other hand, exams are coming. I will continue to study hard and score well (except for Chinese, of course), and still train hard throughout. I wouldn't mind sacriface a short hour or two in the afternoon to train, and after dinner start mugging. I don't want to disappoint myself, neither do I want to give exams as an excuse, and I do know that studies have a much higher priority.

Also, nowadays I'm really wasting my time doing stupid things, wasting my time on the computers and basically wasting my time. Sucks man to be sick. I really need to find productive stuffs to do on the computer and when I'm not training. Hais. I think I should really stop wasting my time man, and wasting my efforts on doing nothing. Time is precious.. Also I should stop being so immature, cmon I'm already 15, why I'm acting like some primary school kids. Damn. But anyways....

I practice the art of movements, and I'm an artist of movements.

World records are set by holders after years and years of hardwork and sacriface, perseverance and determination, and they are not by luck or a miracle. Everything requires hardwork, and nothing is ever easy. And thats my message for today.

No comments: