Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My statement.

This is a serious post.

I'll come back to this post in a few years time, and see if I've achieved what would be my ultimate goal for life. I'll hide this here and I know one day, this post, will have its justified significance. I don't know when, but it will. This post will be something, and it will only make sense, after a few more years. I mean it.

That being said, please read the following lengthy post.
I've come to realize, that no matter what others say about this or that, ultimately, whether its correct or wrong, right or not, its up to the person. I'll think that many people will change their impression of me when they read this post. I'm gonna be honest in the post - all my true thoughts in mind translated into words at its purest form, no exaggaration, no lies.
Theres a reason why I've invited you guys to my blog, only you guys. So far only 11 readers. Although I might not know some of you well enough, I know you guys will be Singapore's most talented traceurs. Thing is, I want to make traceurs not just people we all train with, but a bigger bonding. Also the main reason why I've invited you here is that I trust you all, and I want you to know my thoughts/history/trainings. And obviously the reason why I make this private is because this content is private, and if my friends manage to stumble upon this blog, they're gonna go retarded and shit, and thats just irritating.
You guys will be the witnessing what I've said now, and in time to come, you will witness what I am then.
If you guys still think that post is funny or unserious, or I wanna act big or this post is trash and retarded, see the huge red X at the right top hand corner, click it, really. People like Zahid. Try making fun of this post.

Lets cut the crap and zoom in to the main point.
Why am I making this post all-so-dramatic? I'm gonna state my opinions and thoughts of my life - for the future.

I find that, I don't just wanna be a traceur, any ordinary traceur, or freerunner or a person in that sense. I don't wanna be seen just like that. I wanna be more professional, more prominent, and more stronger. I'm talking about people like Chase Armitage, Daniel Ilabaca, they are definitely one of the most professional freerunners that ever existed and they are really inspiring. Look at them, they travel round the world, have professional cameraman helping to make their showreels or films, being known worldwide, having a team that love moving as well, you name it. They're very professional. I wanna have the ability to travel around the world, come to think of it, exploring and travelling is very fun, not to be stuck at Singapore which is a fucking lame country. And more prominent? I actually wanna be more known towards the UK scene, because I've always wanted to go there, and I've been following them for quite awhile. I have thoughts of studying there in the future as well. To be known in Singapore? I don't know, I don't really like that. And stronger, thats for sure, everyone wants to be stronger.
Just to clarify terms. Being more prominent does not equals to wanting to impress or show off to others. Its just simply the fact of being more known.
Well, I've thought of performing in my school for teachers day probably next year, but the thought of it, however tempting, I'm just scared about what my friends will think.. and how would I be in front of a crowd, that knows me. Imagine the slating you will receive after the performance (Its not Parkour, its tricks), friends will go all retarded over you.. and those jealous ones will go saying "SHOW OFF!". Whats your thoughts of this? I'm not sure yet, still considering. Since about July I have this thoughts already.

Why all this wants? Like I said earlier, I wanna be more professional. I don't just wanna be somebody that can do stuffs in like a few months. Not wanting to be better then others, but just to be somebody that isn't easy to become. I wanna get sponsored (not by UFF!), by companies and if possible AirAsia, it would be so cool to get free trips + countless of benefits with those sponsors.
Prominent as well. I think most of the people like being more well known, as if you don't you wouldn't even have thoughts of making a video of yourself and post it in the internet. One thing about this is once you get the prominence you want, its not easy backing out, and like the famous saying, with great power comes great responsibility. The question is, is it wrong with intentions of being more prominent? Not famous or popular, only prominent. Not to that extent till you are recognised when you walk on the streets, or being seen on TV and shit, its just like being featured in Generation Ex, that amount of prominence, just your name being written in the news paper, internet, but not everywhere. Its like, how you see Teghead in the internet, and thats how much of prominence I want. Remember, I'm not wanting to be some attention whore that show off and try to impress people. If thats not enough, when I say I wanna be prominent, I don't mean wanting to have a lot of power. My mind's clear.

That said, I've alot of thoughts in mind, that I wanna train properly for, and I'm gonna make history. My showreel for the next year would be a hit, at least I hope it will. And I'm not gonna be that person at home slacking away, sitting there and do nothing, or pcc like you-know-who. I wanna do something with my life. I'm gonna climb this mountain from now (training), and will eventually reach the peak (achieve my aims).
My passion for filming and editing also, might be handy for the future (they are two seperate things that I like, I don't learn editing just for the sake of making videos, they are a passion.) And since movements have already become a part of me (I move to live, and live to move), I see no reason why I can't use them into proper use.

Because I'm a nice guy I'm summing this whole post up into 6 major points.
MAIN THINGS I WANNA DO/AIM/ACHIEVE IN LIFE.
- Being more prominent
- Get sponsors
- Live life meaningfully and to the fullest
- Travel 'round the world
- Make a short film
- Make history

However absurd or unbelievable this post may sound to you, believe it.
And no, I have no thoughts of being a stuntman or professional chereographer, but maybe a filmmaker.

Like what Chase Armitage would said.
Anything is possible for those who are willing to try.
I'm gonna transform those words into reality.
Dreams and beliefs are very, very powerful. I've never thought of being up here with the rest, but here I am right now.

Hope you guys have grasped the point that I'm trying to make and I hope you accept my decision. Commenting, tagging, msn-ing me your thoughts is very much appreciated, I really wanna know what are your impressions and actual honest opinions, especially Ashton.

Stuffs is gonna be way different from now.
The bar is raised.
I'm gonna make history.
I wanna do something with my life.

No comments: