Thursday, October 16, 2008

Recent Ponders.

Exams are over. Yay. But lessons are not. Sucks.
Although things are getting lighter in load, I'll still have to suffer waking up in the morning going to school, listening to the teachers scolding us for the poor results (as in the others, not me), some lessons are pure slack, might as well go home sleep, while other lesson watch movie, some ok ok, but the others are pure shit.. I have to go still because some lessons, like maths and science are still continuing the syllabus, till sec 4. What the gay.. also the first 2 weeks of holidays.. I have to go back school for freaking 3hours for 6 days.. feel like dying man.

Lets not talk about stupid school and studies..

I've been thinking about some stuffs lately, about the things I want to do, to train for, to become, and to be capable of. I guess during not-so-holiday-ish holiday, I'm gonna get back to training movements, like I've said before. 14th Nov would be last day of my 5x5 routine, so the week after that I will relax from strength training, about a two weeks break (while still going to gym for light training), and continue my next routine thereafter. I only want to train movements like once a week (at most two), focusing alot on building up my strength, especially in my legs. And also since now I have much more free time, I hope to seriously train for my handstands, bar tricks, and all those other light stuffs.

About videos, I've made a birthday jam, first time in my life I've thought of actually, having a proper birthday. I've never, ever, had a proper one at all. Either only with my family, heading out to like swensens/jack's place/whatever other restuarant to eat, or hmmm during primary school I've actually went out with my friends. It kinda suck when, during your birthday you got no one to celebrate with, if you actually know what I mean. To tell you the truth, no matter how 'lively' I seem in school, I don't really think I have 'real' friends, and I don't know what would you really call a true friend. Its quite fortunate to actually be popular amongst the friends you be with, and how I admire those people who are well-liked and have good connections between their friends. I'm like just those people what they will call 'friends'. Its just a "friend", hardly any big deal. Its like when you're absent no one cares, whereas when the popular ones when he didn't come to school, people will go 'Sian arh, CP never come." I do not carry weight to much people I guess, but all I can say is, whoever they are, they will happy to actually know me as a friend one day.

Ok, that was really off-topic. I can't believe I've talk about videos, and end up talking about friends and crap. Anyway... back to videos. The birthday jam video will be one of them, I hope it will be a fun jam, and it will be tampines, the day before my actual birthday (26th Oct, Sunday). Next video I'm working on, SHOULD be Ashton's showreel (as he will say "if I make it this year, it will not be up to standard, if I don't make one this year, people will be disappointed."). I'm not sure whether I will still wanna make the "Turning over a new leaf" video due to the fact that SHINOS CONSTRUCTION WILL ONLY BE DONE IN LIKE 2 YEARS+!!!!! I guess I will just compile the clips from the last quarter of the year into a video, just to note progression. Last but not least the New years' eve Jam. If there will be a Bishan PKSG Jam, It will probably be worked on, and posted on Ashton's account. Also, if Qayyim were to visit us anytime in December, be prepared for the part two of 'PKSG May Jam', can't wait.

I will be making more and more training sessions during the holidays, calling down the guys I've always train with, so we can train together. Most of them will be on saturday, figured that it will be actually the best day for training. Not only to train and have fun but to also strengthen bonds between traceurs. I guess I will start training seriously and properly, and more practice on my flips.

I figured on what I want. I've seen so many videos of guys doing backflips, some 360 twists, 720, or even 1080, and not suprisingly double flips, and blah blah. They might be impressive, but they are really forced, uncontrolled, and not to mention bloody low, and hardly landed. I don't like that, I hate that. I want backflips that has good air, standing frontflips and sideflips with good landings (won't land like bent knee, just like a normal jump), slowly proceeding to combos, and gainers and etc., I want controlled flips, not poorly landed ones. Also, I want to be able to do them AT ANYTIME and ANYWHERE. So its like right now, I just stand up from my chair and do a GOOD backflip right away (without warmup, without thinking), land nicely barefooted on my house's floor. Thats how much of a second nature I want it to be.

I know that will take sometime. During my trainings, I too wanna find my own way, develop my style of moving, and discover my path. I want to have my own unique style of moving, like how Blane, Daniel Ilabaca and Dim Monk has their own. I aim for total control over my body - in any forms of movements. And I've also thought of this - My SDC might be good, but I want to raise the bar really high, as in really high, because I know many others have SDC's way further, stronger, fluid, and more properly controlled then mine. Not comparing, but exposing myself to some real challenges. As you see the huge SDC to Pre at Danny's showreel, I want to be able to get that kind of distance. Also the standard of the guys in England are WAY WAY huger then Singapore, and if I want to go London and be able to put my skills to real test, I must seriously develop my skills here, own the places here, before I think of heading there. Things over there are way more different from here. ;)
But of course I won't want to focus on just my SDC, but in my movements overall. Wallpasses are one of my weakest. I sure want to improve my fluidity in movements, and runs. Probably also in running precisions, stuffs that I've been playing on recently. I wouldn't want to keep doing high elements because they ARE dangerous, and I guess I already had enough of it. Ofcourse every other movements, I don't wanna leave them out. Movements like catleap, precision, other vaults, flips, lache, everything. And like I said earlier, I want to 'master' them as much as possible, making them second nature, and having complete control and air awareness over my movements and body.

I'm not gonna lie but my knee ain't 100% healed yet. I really hope they will be fully recovered as soon as possible, and by 14th November.

Strength training on the other hand, I'm really starting to like it alot. I really need to get that power to jump that high, and the bestest way to do it is squats. Surely I want to see my improvements after 14th Nov, and I hope I could settle down everything by that date, including the planning of my next routine. And on that two weeks before I start on the next routine, I will do light training in the gym, and start getting back to proper movements training. After the two weeks I will only do movements once a week, all the way strength training, and practice alot on handstands and bartricks. I think my improvement will skyrocket when I see myself after my O Levels. Train for strength, doing movements once a week, concentrating on my studies etc., focusing on my goals and keep everything in balance.

I'm not sure whether I'm gonna get a job this holidays, because if I do, I have to really reschedule everything to fit the job, and I won't have as much free time, things will get really hectic, but then I guess I need to earn alittle money, and to earn money is not easy. I don't know what job though, and I would really need to schedule everything properly, hopefully I can meet the job requirements (people won't hire you if you only work 4 hours a day, or only one or two times a week.. not like MACDONALDS (which is also another reason why they give lousy pay)). Also I want a job that give good pay and blah blah, I don't know man.

As I've said, things will be way different now, and I must discipline myself and train seriously if I want to justify my statement.

No comments: