Sunday, February 15, 2009

Understanding of things.

Titling a post is really hard.

Yeah, recently I've been thinking about several stuffs, reading abit, being told abit, experimenting, asking myself.

Actually, after thinking about myself and how I react to others and things like that. I just realize I like to 'hate' or 'flame' others for the flaws that I myself do. Like saying the other guys as reckless, but I think I'm really reckless as well, which explains the number of bails I have. Everytime trying to push my limits but do not know when to stop, and usually force myself to nail something new/harder. And I do think I'm abit arrogant and like to boss about sometimes.
I think everyone should not say anything unless they totally sure about it. Do not anyhow assume stuffs that are not true (or not proven). Even if you are confident it is true or whatever, just keep comments to yourself, don't even tell others about what you think, because it doesn't speak much about yourself. I've wrongly assumed stuffs and I feel bad about it. Everything is not what you think it is, what it seems to be. And like I said earlier, dont criticise if you have the same problem.

Went to the newcomers jam yesterday, was well good. The newcomers interact with each tohers alot, train by themselves before we came and I think some of them have potential, but some, are just nonsense. But I think if we keep making those jams then slowly we can see who is genuinely interested in this, and those who just do this to act cool and for fun and blah. Some of the newcomers attitude in the forums just pisses me off. But some are matured and handle things properly. Others are just yaya papaya. I hope that we can find more potential guys in the near future.

Another thing I wanna state out is Parkour's misconceptions. I watched Teghead new video just a week ago and as usual was really impressed. I just like the way how he doesn't think of what to do but just naturally do what he does to get over those obstacles, and somewhat force himselves over. I also realize my wallpasses are really slow in the climbing up part and thats something I must work on now. I think many people don't really do Parkour but they keep claiming they do. And they like to make false statements just to reassure themselves but they never thought of how useless most technique is to them. Only until they go for a real run or chase/escape scenario will they realize the number of redundant, useless movements they have trained for a few years. I don't want to go into further details but people should just think for themselves. I myself don't practice Parkour, I don't go for efficiency, but I know what is Parkour and I can move efficiently when I need to.

Indeed after seeing the 'some of the old, some of the new' video, I realize I've been doing so many SDCs and so many individual single movements which the thought of that just irritates me alot. How can I be only training just one thing and not focusing on one of the most important of movement - runs. Moving fast, not stopping. Hais, don't know what am I focusing at the moment. Flips? Runs? Strength training? Stupid shit. I think I should stop doing SDCs though, I think I've overtrained them. Anyway it is very good already, don't want to be so imbalanced.

Talking about flips, I think my frontflips is quite good right now, of course still not sure when to untuck and all, and still not to the point where it is really good for harder variations and stuffs. Backflips needs alot of tweaking, it is starting to get even weirder I don't know why, but I still need alot of practice before I go on to the other movements. Haven't really been trying my sideflips, so it still sucks but I should keep drilling them soon. This three basic flips. I want to get them to a good satisfiable level by April then things will get alot better. I was thinking of training standing frontflips as they will be a good way to focus on the tuck and technique, and once I can nail them quite well, frontflips with momemtum would be way easier. Aerial is another flip that I don't really like but still will train them when I have the time. I will be trying moonkick next month, while this month I will be focusing on sideflips. Not much time left though. Lache gainer.. still got fear. Hais..

Injuries from the faceplant are healing very good, most of my injuries are healed and I hope I could avoid bailing at all costs for now. Yesterday I bailed a couple of moves like the crane (a knock on the knee) and a really careless trip on a climbup sdc thing. Damn. Nothing serious but still something that is really stupid and can be avoided. Nobody wants to bail, but bailing happens. But I'm bailing too often man.. no good. Yet another thing to work on.. avoiding bails.

Flips aside, I think I placing too much emphasis on Parkour then I should since I want to improve more on my weaknesses (flips, handstands, etc.). Anyway, I'm drilling alot on my running precisions now, wanting to get more height in the jumps and the runnign catleap at castle, want to get them constant. Height is so damn important. I've thought about the things that I want to nail in Bishan. Still further and harder then I thought, don't think I can nail them anytime soon.

One thing I want to note that is I find my training damn impactful. One thing is because of the length of my training. I used to say I would only train like maximum 1hr30minutes but on Saturdays I usually train so much that I accumulate so many impact for just one days work. Not good. And you know the stuffs I do, including the number of bails and the level of jumps and impact I deliver to my knees, ankles and back, I'm not sure how long am I gonna last. Probably I will start feeling the damage when I'm 40, or earlier. I don't know why I keep doing all those impactful stuffs. And it is also thanks to flips (and I will only do flips on concrete when my flips on grass and is super good. and I'll do concrete tricking once in a while only). I should stay low impact now.. seriously.

On individual techniques.. my 180s cat to precisions are really weak. I still am not used to getting height from the kick yet. I can't nail the one at Bishan yet I don't know why. It is just the fear of not being able to kick up and get height enough. Which is weird.. I can do the one at ClarkeQuay quite easily. I used to be able to nail the lower one before don't know why I was scared today.
Cranes are impactful. I don't know why I crane the SDC2P at Bishan (at the first spot, coming from the other side from then sdc2cat). My toe on my trailing leg hits the wall with so much forward momentum it is really pain, then my right leg's knee that is landing on the wall is impacted alot as well. I think my trailing leg in my cranes are a big problem, it is the problem why I hit my knees on the wall in the running crane at the SK's Dame Du Lac and at Bishan the SDC2Cranecatthing. Sucks man. Need to work on my technique. And when I land cranes on stuffs that I can't get enough height for, I land on my arch, which is super impactful as well..
Lastly, my wallpass improved alot. My wall of doom is quite consistent already and I got abit of better technique as I feel. I nailed the wall near the bus stop near Shino and those stuffs that is jutting out in castle. Finally some improved. I hope to get them consistent though, and climbing up faster from it. Soon I will be able to nail a high wall in my area..

Strength training is awesome at the moment, 2 weeks down (extremely fast how time flies), no missed reps (although technically there is 1 rep and 1 set missed from wednesday session which arguably is the worse of all the 6). Week 3 next, this friday I will be squatting my PR I wonder how much I've progressed since then. Its gonna be super tough this week, I don't think I'll take this few sessions easily now, as I've going beyond my PRs in some. Week 4, don't need to talk, even worse, but I hope to survive through them without missing reps or lower the weight. Because I think the toughest week will be week 4 and week 9. I'll need alot of focus and rest for those days. Pullups are getting stronger I can see but squats are getting harder and harder. But I'll be confident to at least get over week 3. Bench Press don't seem much of a problem yet, same as deadlifts.

Actually I've seen good improvement in my jumping strength, but forcing myself to jump my max really stresses my ankle and knees, even my back. That day at future park. Wow, I don't know why I forced myself to land that. It is because I can't believe I'm still not near from nailing it after like so many months, used to wanted to nail that since August. But still I can feel improvements in other things. Climbups are well good now and I can do it qutie fast from a hanging position which is a good achievement for me. Couple of goals I want to train for - Nail that fucking standing jump at future park, been eyeing that for a long time already. Nail a chest height standing box jump, the one at tree garden. And one more standing jump at my place, similar to the one at Shino but lower, only further. Probably my strength training routine will help with this.

I want to get a wide angle lens soon, maybe by the end of next week, because I'm seriously pissed by the narrowness of my camera lens. But actually from what I've read, Canon HV30 lens isn't that narrow because the other cameras are narrower. Wow. But whatever. I wonder how much it will cost though. Hope it is something that I can afford. I'll try to scout for a really good one. I need a mic as well for my documentary. I hope I don't screw up while buying. The reason why I want to buy them so quickly is because I don't want my mother to rob my money again.

I've been thinking of more artistic and depthful pieces of film. I don't feel like making just a normal typical video that most people can do. I hope I could start on Ashton's showreel soon, Fred's one almost done, and in process of collecting clips from Dblucy and Stephen. Also the documentary, thinking of ideas. I've finished editing the redhill jam video rather nonchalantly, I wonder what you guys will think of it. I've also thought I'll make another video similar to May-July where I feature alot of my friends instead of just me, just for a dedication. Buangkok jam video, it will probably be epic. And then when Qayyim returns.. BISHAN JAM. Well I said I wouldn't be making so many videos but wow.

O levels this year. I don't seem like I'm scared, or at least worried. I'm still kinda taking everything easy. When will I start studying seriously? I don't really listen in class especially for boring lessons.. things are getting more tougher, more stressful, more tests coming at a go. How to get good grades like that.. I can't wait till I get Olevels over and done with, then I'll have almost all the time of my life. Homeworks and everything.. what a pain in the ass.
Social-wise, not so good as well but I've just decided to heck care all this. I think its good enough interacting with the normal people I'm with. I mean it happens sometimes like when you walk past your classmate and act like you never seen each other before. It is kinda fucked up especially when you know the other person is not those quiet type. Lol. Random thoughts, but yeah. Oh yeah and bad news.

Alex Winslow and the other guys ain't coming anymore. The price has gone up, sadly. Everyone's disappointed, next time we should remember we shouldn't have our hopes too high for anything. Thanks to economic recession nowadays I've been trying to save money as much as possible. Not to eat outside, do not buy unnecessary comfort foods and try to be more money minded. I always bring my water out for one reason, if I keep buying water outside each time I go out, It'll cost alot. I'm not rich at all and I want to save up as much as possible for future overseas travelling. Time is precious now, as I can feel it is moving so quickly. March is coming very soon and my routine will be done in a flash. Ahhhh I should stop wasting time.

I just got a few things in mind now.
Work towards my goals - Handstands, those two strength training goals, flips.
Train flips - drill backflips, frontflips and sideflips.
Train properly - drill running jumps, faster wallpasses, more runs.
Avoid injuries, bails - stay safe, stay focused, stop being reckless.
Avoid impacts - stay low impact, don't train for extended periods of time.
Don't waste time - be productive with the use of time, care about things that only matters, start studying soon.
Save money - don't spend money on unnecessary stuffs, but don't go overboard.
Stay happy, optimistic, and train hard.

Fin.

No comments: