Sunday, February 22, 2009

A tad of progression.

This week I felt a progression in terms of strength, and flips.

Starting with strength training in the weights gym first, this week was a real killer week. But I've successfully survived this week, didn't missed a rep on the big days, except for the 5x5 straight sets which is honestly hard to keep but I don't think it will make much of a difference. It is good enough that I've managed to do a few sets. 24kg x 5reps pullups on monday. 76kg x 5reps squats on friday (with the fact that my body is tired from being forced to play soccer and also muscles havent fully recover). This shows abit of progression. The squat felt abit easier, and I thought I couldn't manage it at first. But I just have to do it, giving my full focus and then psyching up myself, and tried to not think too much about it, and I did it. Bench presses and deadlifts are still easy I don't know why but I shouldn't be complacent.
Next week, tomorrow I will be doing 25kg x 5 pullups, hopefully I could succeed in that so I can take a break from heavy pullups for a while. Squats will be a killer, tomorrow will be doing 74kgx5x5, I just hope to do 3 good sets and the other two just do how much I am able to. Same for the pullups 23kgx5x5 on friday. Benchpressing 54kg tomorrow, deadliftings 73kgx5x5 on wednesday. Squating 80kg on friday which is the main thing that I will focusing, hopefully I can manage this and on thursday I'll do nothing but rest and only rest, and eating well (will be handstanding though). Yeah, after week 4 things will get much easier for awhile till week8 comes, but week 4 is actually the main obstacle for this workout, same for week 9, so surviving this week means half the job done. Wish myself good luck.

Lets start talking about things that you guys can actually understand.

I also felt progression in my jumps. Remember the last week I said about the flat precision at future park. Yesterday I nailed it. After a few attempts. Not really forcing myself to nail but just thought to give it a shot. At first I ain't near reaching it but after a bit of warming up and could land them. It is 9 3/4 of my footsteps which is really huge for me, and yeah thats my max. Seeing that the bench was my ultimate goal, so I tried it, at first I thought it was just too far for me still. But again after properly warming up my legs, I tried it and nailed it, thrice. The maxest max precision already though. I could say it is the same length but just not on a flat ground. I don't think I will continue to push my standing jumps for distance already, but I'm going for height now.
Maybe I should focus on nailing the one at Shino really easily. As you know going for height is much more harder then going for distance. When I see jumps I usually know whether I could nail anot but yesterday was rather different, I don't think I can but I still nailed it. But if I really analyse the distance, it seems really impossible, and really can't believe I could clear this distance. At the Dame Du Lac (ashton spot), I nailed the running crane better now, but still really impactful and the first attempt I knocked my knee against the wall real hard. One big problem. And I nailed some other big jumps (considered big in the past) rather controlled and easily.

But yeah, big jumps are impactful. So the more you progress, you end up doing even bigger jumps, giving bigger impacts to your knees and more impact to absorb, and thus making things much more impactful. Ah, thats one thing I haven't changed this week. Trainings are still very impactful. Not just because of the things I do, but the time length of the training. Hais.

Flips are progressing too. Frontflip especially. I think I can nail frontflip all the time now, quite 2nd nature for me, but I'm avoiding concrete still. I don't think flips are meant to be done on concrete, because no matter how you land it is still very stressful. Two achievements for frontflips. Nailed standing fronts on flat and running punch front onto higher platform about shin height (still overrotated). Just one thing is that my control in my flips in the air still sucks, and still not sure when to untuck. Flips off heights are still really scary and I can't do a good landing off it. Backflips is really weird seriously, sometimes it is good sometimes it sucks, it feels different time and again and I still can't really control it well. I need more practice in them definitely. Sideflips are ok now as I got the technique and I could land them about 60% of the time already.

I still need the air awareness and control that is really needed for good flips. With that, flips will be really easier. I just need to practice alot alot more. I also wanna sharpen up my roundoff arabian and try out different flips, and maybe do sideflips off one leg. Before I progress to the different variation of backflips (like wallflip, gainer and even palmflip), I should seriously get my backflip properly inside of my system. I don't want another bail.
Oh yeah, I nailed my lache gainer again. Suprisingly didn't took long to get it back. Because the flip is really easier, all I need to do is to let go higher, pull higher, and tuck. I'll continue practicing that till everything is 2nd nature. Actually, even if so, you'll still need to focus on what you are doing. Focus is needed in everything, every single movement. In flips, you also can't freak out, no matter what you can't, or else you'll bail.
Got some mini bails yesterday, like the knock in the knee in the crane and alot of other small stuffs (which I forgot, lol). Sucks.

Oh and I nailed a shelter muscleup without the pause yesterday, quite good progression but I'll hope to get them consistent and on thicker shelters.

This week gonna be full of tests so, gonna be stressed. Study study study.. Physics, Chem, Amaths and Emaths.. Damn. It is gonna be hard. I hope I do well in all of them.

Next week will be the mass buangkok jam and I can already feel that it is going to be so sick. I will be filming the whole day down, but the video will be way different and trust me it will be nice.

Sunday is my rest day, so I won't be just lazing around but also do handstands practice and alot of stretching.

Nothing much to say this week.

No comments: