Sunday, January 20, 2008

So many things, so little time!

Sucks.
Theres alot of things I want to improve on, but I just don't know how to balance out, and with addition of school, homeworks, and maybe jobs, it totally makes it harder!

I know I should prioritize studying in front of everything else at the moment, as I know that I'm totally weak in my studies, and should really start practicing my maths and go get tuition or what, because it seems like if I go on like that, I'm gonna flunk my studies and O level. My chinese totally sucks, I swear to god I couldn't cope. Some more its just the beginning of the year, so many probelms already, gosh it gonna suck. Focus more in class!

And yes, I'm going start finding a job soon. I need money, for the future, and I'm saving for overseas trip and a camcorder. And of course for the things that I want in the future. They will be handy. Macdonalds most probably, and working on weekends and fridays, and holidays. I need money!

For the future, what I plan is to go to a Poly, most probably Singapore Poly, take up Media and Arts and Rockclimbing. Learn more about the videography/camerawork/video editing/film-making. Strengthen my upperbody and learn a new art/way of movements. Then later I will go NS hopefully get into police, then when I get out of there, I will start to have some freedom, and apply to become a cameraman. Have a good, simple life, while training, having fun, and a family of course. Wow, I planned everything already, hopefully I can work up to it, because I have like so many more years, maybe its still too early to say.

Ok next, training. I think I really should start more strength training for my legs, because Parkour at its very nature its already quite stressful and impactful to our joints, yet my legs aren't strong enough to safely absorb those impact, and also I'm still young and growing, if this continues, my knees and ankles are gonna suffer in old age. So more emphasis on legs now, more squatting, more deadlifting, get strong overall in my legs, hopefully by the end of this year I will get my 2x bodyweight squat. I have a long time don't I? After that I will start plyometrics. (What I said in the last post is shit, don't listen to it, I'm now aware of the dangers.)

For upperbody, I'm only gonna do more muscleups, get them 100% and start training for reps, plus weighted pullups. Then start on handbalancing for my pushing strength. I can now do quite good headstands, handstand pushups against a wall, tuck planche (with so much of forward lean and super bent arms, so not really counted), and l-sit. I think I should be working on forearm-stand, but I'm not sure how long I will take to finally get my handstand. I'm also working on my one armed pushup on my left. Muscle imbalances sucks!

Movements, I will focus alot on wallpasses, I'm not sure why, maybe because I like them. I know that they can be impactful, when you miss, the landing you take are impactful as you can't really land properly since you are very near the wall. I got a new shoe, Nike Dart V, time to season it. Hopefully it doesn't take long to get good in its grip. I will also drill loads of small KNEE-height drops, small (50% to 70%) precisions (focus on getting both toe in-line, a 'probelm' that I currently have), balance, climbups. I must say my balance is getting better and I'm quite happy, but I still need alot of work to do! For rolls, I will drill them at home, they are improving too, but I'm taking things slowly.

So many things to focus on, what to prioritize?
I need to really schedule things properly. Ok. STUDIES are done in school, homeworks must be done, so pay attention in class. Next, jobs. On the before I work, hopefully I train that day, so I will need to rest, so instead of slacking in front of the computer, I work. Holidays will be an issue. If there is time before I work, I will train as much as possible, then on off days and I will strength train. Hopefully this will work. I just need to balance everything up. Then, my primary concern while training is to do alot of strength training for my legs. For days when I can train but I need to rest my legs, I will be doing strength training for my upperbody, that is, muscleup practice and weighted pullups. At home do more rolls and handbalancing as much as you can. Movements training at days when I'm free. At least one trip to the gym per week, but aiming for two. One movements day, one upperbody day. Two days rests which means jobs, another day.. I guess for movements. This is just what I hope, but not strictly followed. But in life everything can't go as planned, If I can't stick to it, I will just do what I can do.

Thats all for today.
I might edit this post again.

No comments: