Sunday, March 1, 2009

First post in March.

Not a very good week I'll say.
I'll go through my training day by day first.

Monday, was my 74kgx5x5 squats day, was damn tiring but I still managed to do 4 full sets of 5 and the 5th set, I missed one rep purposely because I don't wanna fatigue my body and also I hate forced reps. I am confident of handling that last rep though but just stop to be safe. Benchpress was still easy, 53kg benchpress 5reps, not too much of difficulty yet. Pullups was next, 25kg up on the line. Was super forced for the last rep, but it still counts, still abit disappointed with that.
One thing that happened that day was this two guys, using the Smith machine (lol lame bodybuilders), and while I was changing the weights on the dip belt I unintentionally blocked their way while he was bench pressing, so he not happy and screamed at me, while the other guy chipped in as well. Of course of my size and age I can't do anything to appease the situation so I had to just shut up and submit and mind my own business.. my mood was affected, tried not to think too much of it because I was still in the midst of my pullups sets. I guess the poor last rep was partly due to my ruined mood at that time. Oh well. I just wonder why people have to shout, cannot talk nicely, and act all so big, take advantage of people rather unreasonably. Ahhh, my mind was filled with those thoughts at the end of that day. But I guess we shouldn't like should stupid, worthless and small things get in our way.

Tuesday was raining the whole day, whole floor wet, so I thought I have to wait till the night and hoepfully the playground dry up so I can do some tricking. But sadly nothing dries up even up to the end of the night so about 8pm, I felt that I can't stay at home and do nothing, so I tried to made do with what I've got - train on concrete, backflips and aerial. Bad move. My backflips really sucked.. my form totally changes day to day, and especially when I don't do them for some days. Fuck, I don't know why. Sometimes it can be good, but sometimes my face can be so close to the ground and the landing is fucking loud and hard. Aerial still damn low, no height. Quite sad but that is how flips go, bad landings and all, ugly form and it will take damn long to smoothen things out. This training shows me how fucking strainful it is to the ankles, knees and back to take flips on concretes, this are way more impactful then drops and running pre and all those stuffs.. wow the landing is so loud and the impact you can really feel it. Flips are not meant for concrete. Bad idea.. my ankles and knees are gonna hate me.

Wednesday was a simple day in the gym, but before that while walking back home I went to castle abit for training to cover up yesterday nothingness, my wallpass seems to be improving well, though not good enough for the buangkok wall (should be close to though), and my sideflips are getting really good. I've got the hang of it and my frontflips are still there. Backflip are still kinda sloppy and they really need alot of work (my goal for this tuesday). In the gym I dead 73kgx5x5 deadlifts quite easily, but I must be paying more attention on my form because I don't wanna hurt my back. Military presses sucked, but I don't really care... and yeah, thats pretty much everything that went on that day.

Thursday was a rest day for me. Did nothing at all, just slacking and studying.

Friday was my 80kg squat day. I think I am capable of doing that but the fact that I used spotters made that unraw. Shouldn't use a spotter, but rather rely on myself on whether I can go for the next rep, and safety shouldn't be a concern if you know yourself and the weight that you are handling well. The spotter helped me to stabilise myself alot, as I feel that I exert much less force.. I dont know. I don't really consider myself being able to do that fully yet. But I'll stop thinking about all that as I will only disappoint myself even further. Next, benchpress 50kg x5x5 was easy. Bench press so far, no problem, yeah it is getting harder, but I've been coping well. The second downcoming was pullups, I only did 1 set of 5 reps of 23kg. the 2nd and 3rd missed a rep, 4th set missed 2reps while the last one missed one rep even when I lowered the weight to 19kg.. resulted in overtraining. I should have stop at the 3rd set where I know I couldn't handle the next 2 instead of forcing myself. Overtraining is not good. Two things that I learnt in today gym session - Don't rely on spotters, and stop when you know you are fatigued.

Saturday (yesterday) was the Buangkok jam that I have been waiting for, as usual, time flies so fast, this day came quite fast. Was an amazing day, only didn't manage to nail the wallpass and the sdc2lp (which is actually really damn far, I shouldn't force myself to nail things..). Did feel the incredible progression in sideflips, should be aiming for higher and cleaner landings now. Only sucky thing about that day is that I bailed a sideflip trying to do it after an SDC and off a height, and landing on my tailbone on grass fortunately. Nailed a far precision and far armjump, so all's cool. Witnessing the progression and the wicked skills of the rest was damn sick, Derrick busting out a serious jizz-in-my-pants crane, and another huge crane from Fred and Jordan. Of course the usual slack with the clique on the Saturdays, awesomeness.

Sunday was full of slack, did not made myself practicing handstands or even stretching. Lol. Lazy CP.

Now overall.
Felt that I should work on my backflips alot now, because I really have lost the momemtum going on in the past, where I can feel the height and the landing, with the controlled landing and all. Same goes for my lache gainer which I totally lost the feel already because of a long draught of non-practice. Sucks to the core. I guess those flips must really require constant practice, at least abit everyday, until the point where they are instilled in your muscle memory and you know how to do it well, including the air awareness. Frontflips still really can't feel the point to untuck of various heights and so forth. Sideflips are getting good I'll start trying one legged ones. Feels that the variants of backflips will be taking much more longer then expected, argh. But I can't afford to lose patience, time is what I have, and shouldn't be too greedy in progression.

The pain from the bail of the sideflip, I'm still feeling it. To be honest before that I have a weird small lowerback pain recently and I don't know the cause of it, but hais, I hope nothing serious. Knees are being more impacted since the introduction of flips, and long saturday jams. Need to come back earlier on the saturday jams. Gosh I hate the impact coming out in flips, sucks to only have grass is the only tricking mat. No gym. And no indoor playground when it rains. Fucke.

And now week 5 is the deloading week, will be squating 80kg but only for 3 reps, so if I feel that I can do those relatively easily, I'd be satisfied enough and will consider myself being able to squat that weight for 5 reps. I'll take this as a sort of a break from strength training. Week 6 will start getting harder again, and I'll need to ready myself for week 8 and 9. And yeah since the weight is getting heavier, I should really listen to my body on whether or not I could handle the weights and of course keep the cleanest of form.

Will be editing the video in this few days, if the computer is for me to use and Vegas runs as planned, and if I got the time. I will be aiming for a different kind of video, not just an ordinary 'big-jam-so-lick-it' video and with a different mood of music. Recently found alot of new musics rocking on my speakers, mostly drum and bass :P. Anyway, you'll see the end product by Friday or so.. I'll try. There will be test on Thursday, and another test next week. Why can't we just get over and done with the tests.

March holidays is not very far from now and that would be perfect from a break from studies and a litlte more focus on flips which I really need work on at the mo. I should really stop impacting myself, stay away from concrete until the form on grass and mats are topnotch, and keep my training low impact. I shouldn't keep going for the big big impactful movements but focusing on landing the stuff I could already do with more smoothness and control, and doing them easily.

And why am I not practicing more on my handstands, don't I want to get them down by the end of this year? Sadded.

Will be blogging every Sunday.
Don't want to continue blogging anymore.
Later too long,
and it is getting late.

check out my deeenester blog on the weekdays though. lulz.

No comments: