Sunday, March 8, 2009

And this week...

Let me see...

Strength training is going ok ok, except Friday. And I will tell you why.
This week is somewhat a deloading week, the numbers of reps and sets (workload) are reduced significantly but the weights stayed put. So my workout was much more easier and less time were used to finished each day's workout. Although I'm quite disappointed with my squats especially for Fridays where I squatted a poor POOR 3 reps 80kg, the last rep was all forced and weak. Reason being, I underestimated this week alot. I thought I should be able to be handle this week's workout without much trouble because it is a deloading week. Overconfident. Complacent. This is also why spotters are not useful. Next week I will still be doing 80kg. I don't want to increase the weights if I can't handle the lighter one easily. I still have much time to get my 2x bodyweight squats.
On the other hand, bench press were easy as fuck. Deadlifts is still going fine. Pullups is ok although at times I feel that I really struggle alot.
This coming weeks, things will get slightly harder, and I really wish I don't go through the same thing as this Friday. I must treat each training my fullest effort and concentration. I thought I was disciplined in my approach in strength training - now I must keep that up.

Movements training are good. I want to train more runs now instead of individual movements. Haven't been pushing myself to do just that.
This week, I've been training for almost everyday for movements. Except Monday and Tuesday which was raining for the whole day. Wednesday I trained abit of flips (45minutes?) after school, then went to gym when the rain starts to pour. Thursday I was training abit of plyometrics. Still aiming to get 6 steps from a standing start, and I nailed 7 steps with a running start. Pounces are much more powerful now. Still can't nail the low to high precision at my place. Trained flips and movements at night after strength training. Trained yesterday at Dino then at Senja, and today I trained flips. So I think next week I should be resting properly because strength training will get more intense again.

I think my SDC lack control at some point, especially when going for distance and I think my SDC lack of height. But I'm quite good with them already so I should just focus on the things I could already nail and just better that.
Trainings pounces and strides more now as I think they are a very good way for training leg power. And they are quite efficient. Precisions are good and controlled. While my climbups are getting more 2nd nature (being able to do with either legs up) and more straight armed.
Wallpasses are getting better I can feel, yesterday went to Senja with Fred, Zahid and Db, nailed the wall twice out of 20 attempts, and in the 18 failed attempts, twice I got hold of the edge with two hands but slipped due to the slantedness of the wall.. lol. Not too happy with that, but... for the hdb wall at Castle, I could nail them after like 4/5 tries, about 50% of the time, I want to better that till I get it 95% of the time.

Talking about Castle, there might be a chance of it being demolished. Maybe, maybe not. If it really gets demolished, that will suck. I'm not sure about talking to the town council and try to stop them from tearing down the place, but I'm not sure about the odds. I wonder if it would work or it will just increase the chances of them demolishing the place. Oh well, we should treasure the things that we have now so we won't regret not cherishing it at the first place.

Flips ain't too good. Just came back from training just now. Don't want to train too much, just aimed for 10 backs, fronts and sides and thats it. Took 1 hour to do just that, or a little longer.
You might think my frontflips are really good and since I've been doing them for quite a long time already, it should be quite good in them. Yeah I think I'm not too sucky with them but I really suck controlling it. If I really want to land I could, but I will roll out of it/do a sucky frog jump thing, or just land really shoddily. Only like 20% of the time can I land with good height and good landing. That is with a running start.
Backflips are OK but sometimes I can't control how much I jump back or jump up, and sometimes I land really shoddy and heavily, slanted. Inconsistent. But I can land them most of the time. It is backflip that I have no problems controlling the untucking and the under/over-rotating. Sideflips are ok to me considering the amount of experience I have for them. Well, they are getting alot better and I want to keep practicing them till I can do them in combos and standing and after an sdc. But I still can't really control the landing, like landing one leg at a time, sometimes I overrotate and I still don't really understand the movement.

Simply put, my flips lack control.
And I need alot more practice.
Sometimes I feel my flips have all sorts of ups and downs. Sometimes I can come back from some training and say that my flips improved and they are getting real good, and the other days I will be disappointed and say my flip sucks and all. But seriously I shouldn't be. I need to get rid of such frustrations, really unnecessary. All of these should be treated as stepping stones.

To be honest, I do feel alot of impacts in my knees already, thanks to the flips and big jumps and stuffs, added with heavy squatting and really stupid poor form. So to compensate that I'll cut down on my trainings abit and rest well till I get this routine over and done with. Anyway towards the last third/quarter of the year I will be doing really intense strength training and hardly any movement training because I wouldn't have any more time to travel anywhere further, the most I will do regular flips practice for maximum 45minutes as flips are the main issue of work now.

Handstands are still a pain in the ass, I never seem to be improving. Seriously they are frustrating, just ask anyone else who trains them. What a test of my limited patience. I am waiting for the very day when I can say I am able to handstand. Still a long way ahead.

And I have read something that could possibly change the thoughts and perspective of movements and trainings. I just need to read alittle more in depth and understand deeper, and then I'll come up with another post.

Other then that...
I guess I'll have to work on speed.

No comments: