Tuesday, March 17, 2009

March 16th - 21st

Just felt I need to give reflections on my trainings in my quest for change. Will be updated throughout the week.

Overall
I see a recurring trend in most of my training days. Too much impact. I need to seriously start doing lesser impactful movements and keep training short. And don't do move even at 95% of my max, it is not safe, keep it below 90%. This goes for wallpasses as well, I need to aim to nail every attempt of any movement, and with control too. Aim for perfection, need good focus. Strength trianing will be getting harder for this two weeks and I want to give my body more rest to prepare for the big week. I will plan on my deloading too. I think I will give myself more training alone and so I can really reflect on what I'm doing. So far I still never really work towards my goals in training stated in the previous post. Except I think I've gave good effort in drilling. Next week after school I should be doing flips practice on tuesday wednesday and thursday, flips needs alot of practice! And I need to make good use of the time I have now.

I guess this blog is really nothing to others, I might as well just not make it private and only I can read it because nobody read long posts. And because of that they quite ironically don't know me well, even some typical human beings understands better then 'traceurs'. I guess some traceurs think sooooooo highly of themselves. Delusional people.

March 21st
Went to Bishan today. Nothing much there because it is raining. Wanted to try the dyno at the first spot. Only nailed two hands once, then second try was total failure, missed and fall all the way down, super impact, lack of focus. I need to learn how to save myself from failed dynos. Since raining, but still wanted to train, went to the indoor playground. BUT IT IS WET, so just made do with barefoot buildering stuffs. Just transversing between walls. Good training. Want to climb more. Not very impactful today, but trained for kinda too long, need to limit the time during my Saturday jams.

March 20th
Strength training at 1.45pm today, early. Everything went fine. Squatting 78kg with OK form, need to keep this up on Monday. Bench press still hanging on, Pullups getting harder. Need to rest well for week 8 and 9 now, so lesser movements training. Eat more too. Weight is around 50kg, yet to peak.

March 19th
Went to Dino, Shino and Castle with WenKai. Flips and other stuffs. Drilled SDC2P at shino - good. Flips were ok. Arabian gone completely haywired, unlike the one I could nail before (at acm), need work. Some bails in sides. Keep practicing. Drilling stuffs more now. Low to high precision at Shino was too big yet I forced myself to put two legs up, and fell back down. Suck. Should've fall back down to a cat, which is another technique to work on. Need to keep training less impact. Was too long a training. Wallpass still failing too much = training near my limit. I want more of landing every single move I'm doing. Still forcing myself to do stuffs. Work on my mindset.

March 18th
Strength training first in the day, went fine. Forgotten about using mixed grip in deads, militarypresses are gay hard now. But still good. Went to train abit of movements. Drilled my roof gap at carpark, getting easy now, attempted my sdc2lp (7.5 of my footsteps) and I was hell close in my best attempt, I suppose I could crane it but I was just testing for fun. Wallpass is good but I must make sure I focus for each. Stop training when you're tired. Flips-wise, not too good but still, sideflips are OK, backflips still need work, frontflips lost my height. Need alot more practice... Can't waste my time on the computer, need to start doing hwk.. fuck.

March 17th
Flips went really weird today, alot of hesitations, alot of bails and just lost touch with them. Needs alot more practice. Don't be too affected by today's training. All flips could be better, tuck more jump up more. Slowly get back into proper flipping again. Don't impact myself too much, be soft with the punch. Movements abit too impactful, too fully aware/focussed of what I'm doing. Almost bailed in certain moves. I did drill my movements - good. One thing I notice, need to jump up more in my jumps. Trained abit too much, need more short, effective training. Knees starting feel sore after training again (osgood schlatter?).
Note to self - keep trainings low impact, focus more, don't push yourself too much.

March16th
Went to Metta today for CIP, was super slack, 2hours gone damn fast. After that, I found this wall behind metta, tried it out barefooted (school shoes are TORN), took a few tries, soon nailed it. A palm length taller then castle, did it with two steps (because no space). Not too bad. Tried doing one legged side on concrete, almost suicidal, not good. Did my 7 steps jump, they are damn impactful... Damn, should be keeping my training low impact. Learnt about one thing about my run ups.. the last steps or two are really stomped into the ground.. bad for ankles and knees (impactful), unnecessary, and uncontrolled. Need to work on being light on my foot.

Strength training wasnt too great. Squatted 76kgx3, 78kgx3 for 2nd set, but screwed up the 3rd in the 2nd rep.. sucked.. so I went for another set, done only 2 reps, felt that I can't push my body further. Pullups and benchpresse are still coping OK. I'm gonna lighten the squats, hopefully coping with them till the end of another 2 1/2 weeks.. and then I will deload and rotate exercises (to front squats, deadlifts) to break my squats plateau, which I something I'm facing now.. Focusing more on deadlifts and pullups now. Plan - deloading (2 weeks), 2 more weeks of front squatting, 1 week of refreshing, then I'll go into a new routine.. that I will be planning.

At night when the ground is drier, wall of doom is easy now. Tried the wall that I gonna aim for - touched the ledge thrice.. getting closer. Tried the wallpass beside the lift- should be able to nail with more focus. But too much of pushing in my wallpass.. not good. Did my flips on grass (playground still wet), my backflips still need alot of work.. tried one on concrete, still sucky landing and moving sideways (same for sideflips.. going to way sideways then straight forward). Frontflips impactful in the punch. Flips are kinda like sometimes good sometimes not good. Need more repetitions.

No comments: