Saturday, April 11, 2009

A bit of a change.

A slight turn, all with just a WEEK more till Sydney Parkour raids Bishan!

I believe I've been much happier, thinking lesser about how sucky my training and movements is, just more carefree.. even in school, just think I'm better with my friends now.

First things first. I got a wideangle (fisheye) lens and an external mic for my HV30. Now levelled up, videos will be much nicer. Just a problem with zoom and focus, too bad Singapore don't have Raynox products. Tested it out today, amazing display, ordinary clouds are much more nicer, movements are made more interesting, just a different personality all round. The external mic make less wind noises and idiotic environmental noise (like the screeching cicadas at castle). Landings and speeches are much more crisp. Total for about 300 bucks, thanks Ashton for the 120 you top up for me, once my mother returns my money, I swear I return. Oh well, now have to start saving up again for the most important future travels.

So I think thats a good start for my documentary project of the year. And I can already imagine the product I can get when the Aussies arrive. What a video it would be. Including some May Jam sickness, I'm prepared for a huge day of serious epic proportions. All this hype, I hope it will be as good as it all seems, as I don't want it to be yet another spoilt day like what we have seen with Phiqtionalism. Hope all things goes well. All those who haven't had the news, 1pm Bishan, Sunday, 19th April, make sure you come. Just a week man, just a week..
Also..
20th - Buangkok and Sengkang
21st - Tampines!
And maybe 17th (Friday) - Clarkequay? If they have time.

Ok weight training, I've bought membership now so I can go there for free anytime I want, when I want. Which is cool, now I'm out of the 4.30pm shell. This saves me alot of money as well, another plus. And now, my training have been slack, because its deloading, I'm just experimenting with new exercises and practice more form and trying out more new rep cycles. Will be planning on the squats and pullups routine.. in 4 weeks. I hope I don't get extra muscle mass, I'm at 52kg now I hope get back to 50kg. I'm cutting down on rice by alot.

I'm feeling the effects of all the squats now in my movements training, I can jump higher and further now. Today I nailed alot of tictac precisions and cats, I'm getting more confident in my 180s and I'm so gonna beast that cat2pre at Bishan. Very soon. Running precision at CQ ftw. Cranes are getting better too. Thursday I went to Dino and Shino - Nailed some runs into flips which is cool, rail precisions are getting controlled, and then it rained so I went to Shino, trained as per normal. Rain doesn't affect the conditions are Shino, of course you need to be alittle careful, getting more height in each jump. Nailed all the normal stuffs I do in Shinos when its dry, so its all good. It's been raining the whole week and that really sucks.. hope the rainy seasons ends soon.

Moonkick!! I'm almost there, just alittle bit more tries, I'll get it down in my system. I'm getting better sides, really good ones, I'm confident to do them on concrete now and they aren't so painful to the knees, and also its back to where it started, one legged sides are easy as nothing now, provided I got some good leverage of the jumping leg. Frontflips are still the same but its getting more consistent, but theres times will I ramp my heel into the group but untucking too hard or early, and that sucks. I'm gonna go back to backflips soon.

Gonna really good clips today, thanks to my fish eye lens really, but I hope the len's bads doesn't outnumber the goods. I'll gonna make a small compilation of unwanted clips just to show it off. Time to film more timelapse especially cars and more random ideas. Now, voiceovers are the main issue with the documentary, wonder who could make a good voice. Or maybe, try out some audio editing stuffs. Haha.

Just a few bad things stuffs that I (yet again) have to remind myself.
Do not let adrenaline rushes be the better of you. Clarke Quay is an amazing place, I've nailed stuffs here and there but it gets more challenging each time you go there - you unlock even more possibilities and makes the spot much more open. You can train so many things here. But its the atmosphere around with so many people looking that serves as an adrenaline booster, which is a reason why many people feels the mood to train over there. It isn't necessarily a bad thing, but once you lose control of yourself, things like impacting yourself will occur. The SDC2LP is what made me felt abit pressured and kept forcing myself to nail it. Many impactful attempts. Running cranes alittle impactful, just a few.

Also I'm still not in the mood for study despite exams getting round the corner. I need to balance the time between work, training and play. This is really bad, I'm not putting any effort to study and thus the poor results in my tests and foreseeable in my exams. This sucks. I'm really spending too much time on the computer even when I know its wrong, and its time to study. I'm just to lazy, no mood to study. What's more, my habit is hard to get rid of. Using the computer for long pointless amount of time, and see how each day goes by so fast. In the end I make nothing much out of it. I don't know what I'm doing, damn. Just seeing what I've done the past few days (months actually), nothing productive and all a stupid waste of time. Prioritise man, studies are of utmost importance at this stage of my life. I don't want to regret in the future, coming back crying to my parents upon recieving my O level results slips. Seriously, stop wasting my time, procrastinating.

Ahhh I'm so bored. I think I'm resting tomorrow. I make sure I finish my homework.

No comments: