Friday, May 29, 2009

No time to train, or plain lazy, or needs a break?

I guess I know why I'm always stuck with the same level of progression.
No use complaining when the fact is there that I don't even practice my flips much, neither do I train them properly. Repetitions, doing them everyday... There was once my flips improved quite fast because I was doing them alot, but I still have the thought that they are very 'big' and would need alot of power to do them or something, so I'm lazy to do them. Its unlike PK where you can just do the things after awhile but flips, its alot more technical. That's only because I'm not used to it and I should just do them more without excuses.

I said I wanted to work on my flips hard for this year but I don't think I'm anywhere near that goal yet. It's not because my flips sucks, but that I'm not working towards it. Like this, whats the purpose of that goal... handstands are still shit, the only reason why I took so long is the short amount of time spent on it, nothing else. I don't wanna rush progression and all and I know it isn't easy to gain progress, but of course, with practice comes natural progress, something that I've not been doing.

This week was incredibly packed and rushed. Really tired although there're some good points. The first day, I was released from school only around 5 then I went straight to gym. After that eat, bathe, use comp all the way. Never study or practice handstands. Ok, flips, maybe understandable, although its still shouldn't be an excuse. Wastage of time?
Tuesday I went out with friends to watch movie.
Wednesday I was dead beat tired because I'm again released after 5 and I knew if I were to go to gym I would be tired and wouldnt be able to complete the routine. So the whole day was rest. Didn't do anything the day before and this makes two rest days in a row, not good.
Thursday went for the routine, was sick, very happy with squats, 70kg x 6reps x 6sets done quite damn well, but pullups was pure shit, 20kg x6 x only3sets, with already lowered weight. Maybe endurance is not a thing for me with pullups, needa start training them for abit, after this routine.
Friday I went swimming (now sunburnt) and then went to eat at Seoul garden, wasting alot of money and stuffing myself with food overly, then went on to train with Richie. Nothing much just abit of drilling, my movements are pure sloppy still, the Stephen's Wall is kinda irritating as it always ruins my mood for wallpass.
Today (Saturday), I went for strength training for my routine. Was ok, but sometimes I feel my form somehow sucks, but I shouldn't stress about it that much. And now I feel my routine is a little bit tiring and getting in my way of training flips, but I shouldn't give too much excuses.

In school, although studies are stressful and boring, I managed to get some fun time with friends, more this time. At least I'm closer with friends and can talk to more people without awkwardness, although I wanna interact more with girls. That is also the reason why I went swimming and ate with them - to spent time out with friends, at the expense of Richie waiting for me (so damn sorry man, another habit I need to get rid of - being Zahid alot). And my results, 7 in class, 19/187 in level position. Maybe its stupid to compare rankings, because you are studying for better grades not to be the best, in the end what matters is the L1R4 which I got 10. My goal is anything <10 for L1R4, Chinese Olevels this monday wouldn't be so important as I know I would be using it for L1R4, but I'm trying my best to pass.

Strength training routine, hmm. Will be getting alot harder this week, pure maximal power output in the next week especially, and this week stuffs will already be alot harder. If I were to get the goal of the routine of a single rep 92.5kg squats, then I'm considering the fact that I'm halfway there. I'm not sure what routine I can go next but probably I'll peak at that routine in my 100kg squat. Maybe too early to plan, but I'm not sure anyway. I'm abit pessimistic of getting the OAC (due to the lack of work for it) by this year, so instead I'll plan to get like 40kg pullups as a substitute, that'll be good enough. Just gotta keep training hard, practice OAC now!

Nutrition needs work, I'm putting too much calories then needed. Protein is all good but just too much unneeded carbs and fats, calories too. I should cut down on oil. That day at Seoul Garden, just ate alot of stuffs. Been eating KFC and stuffs like that more often and not caring about the chicken skin. Maybe I was thinking that once in a while it doesn't matter, but I've gone way too far. What's more all these wastes money, I should control myself a little more, you gotta save whatever you can, so save up man.

Got a thought of swimming though, my swimming sucks to the core, I can barely swim. Somehow not very confident to swim to save my life. I need to learn the essentials, practice more, especially the technique to tread water, and of course the front crawl. With it, at least I wouldn't be scared to drown if I were to dive off cliffs in the future, or for survival.. I went to flip into the water but get caught by the lifeguards, bloody hell. It sucks to know just one flip that I did (gainer), and I almost got kicked out the second later. Lame swimming pool with the lame gym in it, the next time I swim I make sure I go to somewhere where diving is allowed, like Jurong or something.

Don't know why I'm feeling kinda stressed and tired nowadays, probably because I'm thinking too much about things that don't need too much attention.

All I know now is that I should put more work on things that I want to improve (which includes studies) so I should stop being lazy and waste my stupid time on the computer too much. Hais.

No comments: