Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Not-so-fun life.

I'll go through today first.
Boxfit Tampines was closed for the time being, what news. No - rather, what TIMING. Irritating. So I had to settle to a further destination, Boxfit @ Eunos CC. Went there today, had to take sometime to settle down abit, quite retarded, I'm not sure if the bar and weights are the same, but I had to assume so, as it should and probably are the same. Form today wasn't the best of things, it didn't felt like my 92.5kg max-outs or the other days. I just don't have the feeling, pullups was feeling weak as well. I rested fully the day before, but, oh well, maybe let's not rely on feelings. So I squatted, 100kg. First rep turned out awesome, should've stopped there and then, finished, to pullups. But I went for the 2nd rep, bad form, overly leaned forward. Still, complacent, went for 105kg, squatted the worse rep of my entire career of lifting. This is not a question about being pumped enough or focussed enough, but whether it is too heavy. I underestimated a 5kg weight difference affectation. Thought it was easy. But no. Went for a solid 100kg rep again, but not good enough. Sure I can say I can squat 105kg, but honestly, I should've settled for 100kg one rep.

Pullups didn't turned out any better. Firstly it was the distance that ruined my mood, second the squats, thirdly the unfamiliar environment, and coming here already not have the 'gym-feeling', thought that this testing day couldn't've been worse. I did managed a good 30kg x 3reps, but struggled at the 35kg x1 (used to be able to do 37.5kg), and was fucking forceful in the 40kg, so no improvements. I need to tell myself that my 1rm testing days are not days that you push yourself to the BARE MAXIMUM. Your body isn't godlike, as if it can handle any weight you think it can handle. I hate the feeling when shorten the lifespan of my body joints/tendon/ligaments. Also, it could also be probably a bad routine that I created in the first place, I should be starting a new workout routine during March, but I'm not aiming for any big gains, just improvements in the weight range that i'm comfortable handling with.

Now that I watched my past year's strength training videos at the gym, I can say I improved quite alot, especially pullups. Didn't hit the target of OAC, not even close to it at all, but I can say I seriously underestimate the difficulty of it. And I really don't have much motivation to train it at all. Next year I should at least feel that I'm not far away from an OAC, and should hit 50kg pullups. Squats, hopefully 110kg x 3reps. 120kg x1 maybe, at least a 2x bodyweight squat, something I haven't achieve this year as well. I'll play by ear, and not expect too much of a gain again. get it.

And since the boxfit in tampines is closed, I'm lazy to go all the way to eunos CC all the time, and I hate that swimming complex gym, so I guess I'm on a hiatus till 4th jan. This period will be pure parkour training, explosive power!

But after that, later, in the evening, I went down for some small movements training, something that I've never done for quite a long time. I practiced my flips, sideflips are getting good now, i figured that I should untuck earlier in my fronts, and backflips is quite high too. I should be working on getting back my gainers soon, and then get my fronts/sides in combos outside. I significantly lost power in precisions involving height, should be working on that now. Still feel that the Simei SDC2LP is really far. I also figured my landings improved, softer now, but still need more control all the time.

Epic jammage rained heavily, quite a mood-ruiner, but still had fun with qayyim in the jelapang jam, indoor ramp was fun stuffs, small ramp but always new things to nail. Tic tac 2 pre, something rather new to me. Happy that I nailed it, but I should be wary that i take too much attempts before doing something. I need to focus more, still having occasional slip ups and that causes those bad landings or even bails that I should already have gotten rid off. I guess no point worrying about stuffs, just remember to not overpush myself, and focus, and control your landings.

Castle is gone, and its really sad, somehow, not having somewhere near to train all the stuffs that we all could train. Now torn down, all that remains is debris, sad to say...

Started editing arghrun, still figured i need more runs, more epic clips... more variety of people, should make a good edited film out of it. cp in motion 2 will be THE hit. just kiding, not hyping things up...

haven't felt too good about life at the moment, really boring, really monotonous, repetitive, same thing all day, really need to play my heart out, and money is getting in the way of it.

No comments: