Saturday, December 15, 2007

Rest.

Bad week. Really.
I really going to take a break from Parkour and training for at least one week.

Probably going to ask why.
Simple. Injuries, wrong approach in training, bad mindsets, bails.

Recently trainings has been worse then ever before. Ok not really the training, the bails and injuries. Thursday at Sculpture Park, I bailed twice, both quite serious. First bail, I tried to semi-armjump a sculpture then I lose my grip, falling backwards, and ramped back first to the ground. Its a 1m drop. Ok I took me awhile to finally lessen the pain. How stupid am I do bail that, its quite high and dangerous.

The second one is the killer bail. From a spotlight thingy, I precision-ed up to the sculpture and then I kinda missed it, and I hit my shin on the edge of the wall, which made a deep cut to my shins. It bleed like fuck. And I hate it.

Apart from that, I got a few joint probelms, wrist and shoulders. My wrist is kinda pain, Not sure why, maybe overused. Same for shoulders, too much pullups with bad form. So with all those injuries, I better stop training and give myself a break.

Now why did I bailed?

Again, simple as. Lose concentration, lose focus, careless, do stupid things, don't know my limits, never think before doing.

I just hate it. My mindset sucks. Before doing things, one movements or in a run, I always just do it. I hate the mindset of "Just Do It" type. Fuck Nike. Maybe got influenced by its slogan. Anyway, before doing something, I never think before doing it. I lose focus easily, not distracted, just lose focus. Don't know why. Its like 50 bails already and I never learn from them. I keep pushing my limits too far too soon. Why? And I can't fucking change and stop it. This sucks. I bail almost everytime I train.

You know what, yesterday I bail a simple two handed vault and I almost fell backwards to a 2.5m drop. WTF am I doing? Lucky my arms are strong enough to stop the fall, or else things can be really bad. I just hate it lah, it just really sucks.

Oh yeah, I keep saying this and I never change. And only talk but no action. Don't know whats wrong with me. I really need to stop this shits.

So, I guess during this last 2 weeks of December, I going to not train and take a break from Parkour for one week, and the last week I'm going to start a new approach to training. This one week break I will do very little things, small stuffs, no upperbody (due to joint probelms), so I'll most probably be doing small lowerbody and abs strength training. I will be buying new shirts and pants suitable for Parkour, going to buy a new shoe in the New Year, new light and thin bag, more weights, and probably some other stuffs. And also taking rests and learn more video editing stuffs.

The last week will consist of a new training approach. I know you will probably had heard before, and how many times I said I will be seriously changing it but well, I will plan a new way of training. So hows the new training going to be like? After I'm fully recovered and rest, I will slowly go back to normal training. I will train myself to think before I do stuffs. Before I do something, I will tell myself three things.
1) Is this right or not?
2) Do not lose focus/concentration and be careful.
3) Don't force yourself to do something.

Simple stuffs, but it does make alot of difference. I will train myself to be focused in everything. So even in runs, I will not hesitate but I will not force myself, and maintain full focus. "Is this right?" would stop my stupidity, recklessness, and pushing my limits to overcome me. Although bails can still happen, it will be greatly lessened. Slowly, I can focus in a short matter of time so I don't need to hesitate especially in runs.

And I will do more strength training. I've not been working on it for a very long time. Oh yeah, I will be buying weights and shifting house soon. I'm buying a pullup bar so I will be training at home. And more balance training and rolls. Once I'm recovered though. I will try to make a new workout routine.

And I hope Operation Pull would be done soon. Before December ends. 700 forces, quite a long way away. Look out for a conditioning video next week, and probably a PKSG Video. My video editing improved alot, thanks to Sony Vegas Pro 8. Yay, videos will be so much nicer.

So then, I will rest till I'm fully recovered and when I know I can start again. I will be listening to my body. Again, let every normal human beings, we want to progress fast, but I'm already fast, and yeah I still want to progress, but in those less impactful stuffs like wall passes, muscle ups, climbups, small stuffs. And I will stop pushing my limits too far too soon. I will train my legs till I have the base strength then I will start doing plyometrics. I still got quite alot of time. So take it easy, no rush. I want to progress gradually, steadily, incrementally, and safely, and have fun in the process.

And I can't wait to finish my O levels. At that time I will be more stronger and better, then I have the time and freedom, more fun, and I will have a camcorder at that time, and I might be travelling overseas. Next year I will still train hard, but I will work, and work, and work, for money to travel overseas and the camcorder. 2 more years! Can't wait. But also, I need to study hard.

Anyway, I really hope I can stop bailing, and start the correct way of training. Train safe and hard.

Bye.

No comments: