Tuesday, December 25, 2007

A new year ahead.

Well, well. Things are looking good, but it could have been better.

What improved is, yes, I bailed lesser, I did lesser stupid things, I did focus more, I did more strength training. Rolls are being trained and improved, I can say I improved overall. But the bad thing is, while training today I still did not focus, and still had the JUST DO IT mindset, but luckily my instinct saved me. And I didn't really train my mind to think before stuffs. So more stuffs to work on.

2007 is nearly ending. Its been 9 long months where I've been training this discipline and I very happy I came this far. I don't know what would I be if I didn't train at all. Lucky, lucky. Oh well I guess stupid people will think otherwise. I've yet to do my homework but I hopefully will. As the holidays are ending I will take every opportunity to travel further from Tampines. Jurong, and Bishan. I know I went to Bishan twice but it rained. I know the spots, they are cool but sadly I didn't train due to the wet conditions. Sucks. Jurong is my last aim. I travelled to city, Bedok, Sengkang, Jelapang, Crawford, Simei (lol), Pasir Ris, and abit of Punggol. I think thats all.
Sometimes I feel really stupid to do stupid stuffs. I think I would learn my lesson, learn from my mistakes, and stop doing them again, but no, I repeat them, and I regret and crap and moan, and I said I will stop doing them again, but no, I repeat them, and I regret and crap and moan, and I said I will stop doing them again, but no, I repeat them, and I regret and crap and moan, and I said I will stop doing them again, but no, I repeat them, and I regret AGAIN, and DO the same thing all over AGAIN. ADDICTION? HABIT? Why can't I stop them. This happens in alot of things, in everyday life. This sucks.
And even I said I will stop doing them again, eventually I do them again. And it repeats. Its fucking lame. No self-control. This is retarded.

I recently made a roll video to show the other experienced traceurs hopefully to get good feedback and ways to improve it. Although there are times when I don't feel pain, most of the time there will be pain, and sometimes even stinging pain. Lucky I improved so much more then last time, where every roll is stinging pain. I think my roll is weird, I need alot alot alot more practice to get used to it, to get better in it, to learn how to get up fast, how to not let my collar bone touch the floor, and in overall, and finally to do it from a drop. I also think I lack the meat to cushion my bones, oh well I have to wait till I reach puberty.

I also start to realize my future dreams and ambitions. And I wish to work on to it and achieve it one day. It is to become a good traceur, and to learn lots of different human movements (art of movements), and to become a cameramen and video editor. Its a long-term lifetime goals. I think I made up my mind. Hopefully can live up to it, and live a simple happy life. And I still have lots of time. Again, wishing, hoping and aspiring can take you nowhere, have a goal in mind and WORK towards it, not dream to get it without getting your ass off the chair.
I've learn alot of video editing tricks, figuring out what effects makes a video look good. I really want a camcorder, but I guess it will be until I finish my OLevels then I would start pursuing my ambitions. And its then where I finally get my freedom I longed for. 2 years, just 2 years.

School is reopening, but what the fuck, I don't feel like going back to school and meet the old/new faces. I don't look forward to go to school, I think I will have just a few good friends and don't socialize too much. I don't see the use, I wish to be some kind of loner but not like nerd or something. I will spend more time training instead of socializing and having fun. But then again, its not something I could control.

Strength training is something that I'm doing recently, although I admit I prefer technical training so much more then strength training. But I wish to get my base strength for my whole body before I start training purely technical stuff and gain strength from doing them.
Muscleups. I haven't been training them and this means I kinda will lose them all. No choice, have to re-train for them. I feel like stopping Operation Pull, I lost the whole motivation to train them anymore. I've did 750 pullups, but I swear I did alot more then that but, nevermind. I think I will stop doing them for a moment.

Handbalancing anyone? I wanna get my handstands, but I think muscleups are much more important. Hopefully one day I can do couple of handbalancing stuffs. Handstand press, elbow levers, L-seat, maybe eventually planche? They are really good for core strength and its cool and fun! And tricking? Next year I will start training them alot once I think that my Parkour standard is good enough. I'm also thinking of starting capoeira, but not wanting to go to classes, just learn some basic self-defense and skills, because I think it is the only fun martial arts I know, but oh well, I will see. All this for the arts of movements.

I think I need to train alot of legs for the moment, probably because I think I'm neglecting them. I can see that my precisions ain't really improving, neither do my vertical, and my wallpasses, and SDC distance. I think its time to push my limits a little further carefully and with common sense. I'm shifting house soon, and I found new nearby hotspots for me to train in, including a wall seemingly high, and hopefully I can try to get that.

I think ambidexterity is very important. I hope to have a day to train my weaker, less dominant and unpreferred side. I think my punching off is pretty much equal, both my left and right can jump equally far. Vaults.. pretty much equal. But whatever, I will still drill my weaker side once in awhile, just a new twist. And more balance practice.

All that said, I hope to get alot stronger, better and faster. Its time for a change.
Its time to wake up and stop doing stupid things.

No comments: