Monday, July 21, 2008

Knee progress?

Things are not going very well.
Oh well.

My knee felt recuperated already, so yesterday I decided to just get out there and train abit. I was actually hoping to train movements just to get back the feel, but as you know sometimes life is so evil that just nicely when I walked out of my house, reaching castle, down comes the rain. It couldn't in any better timing.
But oh well, its not the first time anyway, so of course an alternative is the gym, and yeah I went there as I'm not going to head back home. So decided to work on form. As its not suprising my squats gotten a little weaker after such a long break from strength training, but my deadlift form is a little screwed up, yet again. But I think after a little bit more practice, I should be back to my training again.

Sadly, thats not gonna happen, at least not anytime soon.

When I do squats, I feel a little pain when I stand back up. Which is alittle bit retarded but I thought it was nothing much, its just a teenee weenee pain. But after I got back home, I felt this screwed up shit again on my knee, made me so fucked up. Annoying injuries. I can't believe it, 26th June I've gotten this probably, it probably worsened on 7th July. But today its 22nd July already, been nearly a month, but the pain is still here. Went to the docs, got an appointment which is scheduled in 3 weeks time, but cancelled because my knee was "healed" already.

I'm having mixed feelings with the doctor. I don't wanna waste my time talking to some doctor then in the end all he tells me is to rest, which I already did, and coupled with contrast baths and glucosamine, yet nothing seems to help. Although I still can't be hundred percent sure that its just a meniscus probelm, but it seems like it, I really don't feel like wasting my time. But this knee thing, today, I DONT feel pain. Its really weird.

BUT I MUST START MY TRAINING BY AUGUST.
By hook or by crook. Thats the last resort. Worst come to worst. I've missed a month of training, including some screwups during the June holidays. I can't miss any more. I wanna dedicate the whole of August and September, and October, to test out my new routine proven to be successful and I wonder how much strength gains will I gain from it, and there will be very little or no movements training (probably just climbups and rolls and handbalancing). My past training session was quite bullshitty and I just did whatever I wanted to do or thought that would work. I think its time I should work on a routine properly so I could get more strength gains from it. Including proper rest, nutrition and technique and everything else that will more or less affect my strength gains. I swear, I will be much stronger by the end of this year.

The plan on November and December is to train my movements back. And more emphasis on tricks. And probably drill my basics, and stuffs like that. Probably planning to have a solid foundation in tricks too. I'm not gonna make a showreel anymore until next year's end of year or something. Because if I make so much "showreels" so often, I really don't see the point. And somemore, showreels like a very show-off-ish thingy. Probably the video would be "CP 2009", and as planned its going to be like the December period when MY OLEVELS ARE OVER! Surely things will go smooooooooooothly, hopefully.

But I will definitely make small videos from time to time, for the plain reasons to practice my filming and editing. Already have some in mind. :P
As I'm on the topics of videos, my recent video had only gotten around 565 views but quite alot of comments, 29. Not really disappointed because after checking back, it seems like this videos gained more success compared to the March 08 one although I expected alot more. But I swear the CP 2009 video is going to make a huge hit. Thats my goal. I really wonder how strong and capable I am by then.

Anyway, back to training. My handbalancing is totally awesome now. Frogstand to handstand, tuck planche to handstand, jump to handstand, they are doable, I have the strength to do it, but then not much control and obviously not being able to keep balance. But soon, I'm getting the hang of the movement. I should be able to do them in a few months time. I'm not in a hurry though, I just can't wait, but then now matter how long it would take, I will continue training hard for it. Nowadays I irregularly do random handstands whenever and whereever I can, so at this rate, I might get them pretty soon. Hopefully. Oh yeah, I think I'm overdoing this too, because now I feel a very slight pain on my wrist, so I should really take a break from it for awhile.

I dont know why, but I have a big probelm with me. Sometimes, I just can't mean what I say, I just can't do what I say. On certain stuffs that is. One thing would be the thing about newcomers. I don't know, but if I speak it with good light, I probably have a kind heart, or if I'm going to put it in a bad way, I probably like scolding newcomers and insulting them like nobody business. Anyway, the thing is, no matter how much I say I'm not gonna bother about them anymore and shit, I end up with the complete opposite. And then I question myself frequently, whether am I too "strict" or just get fucked up on what newcomers do easily, because I don't see this fact happening with the pioneers. Oh well, but I seriously should stop caring about them lah, really pointless. I don't know man, but then again I'm having mixed feelings with this. Because the more experienced guide me to here, and now I don't bother to give help to the newer batch. And I think I was once as irritating as them. I guess the only solution to this is only give attention when needed or to someone who has geniune passion in it. Or not, just don't bother. This is my vow.

And my toe probelm. Its kinda alot better now, but then I kinda always reinjure it my doing cat leaps and stuffs. But then its not a big probelm anymore, so thats nice to hear probably.
Sometimes after strength training I have this strain at my lower back. I'm not sure whether its normal or its because its after a strenous exercise thats why I feel it but, I just hope its not any serious issue. Oh well.

I just can't wait to get back into training, seriously. But for now, I seriously need to at least do sensible stuffs and not just slack one day off doing nothing. I nowadays torrent alot of stuffs, mostly music and movies, which would kill some time properly. And I will take the chance to do static stretches, keep on researching on strength training and the like, watching pk videos in youtube, and do rolls and handstands every now and then. At least something productive, and don't waste the time of a day away just like this, I really need to wake up already, and really stop wasting my time on doing stupid things.

Ok this is quite a long post already. So I will stop..
..
HERE.

No comments: