Sunday, July 27, 2008

Rest, rest, rest.

My knee injury is on and off.
The reason behind it - Simple. I keep re-injuring it over and over again. How? By doing movements.. small movements even, jumping around my house, I think I'm too used to it. I just can't stay stagnant at home not moving at all. Really. But then I don't how long its gonna take to finally get my body back to its top form. My left knee is suffering for what-the-doctor-said a overuse injury, so its cool, just need a good rest and it should be fine.

Another reason is that I kinda rushing for it to heal. So that time when it was actually healed lke 80-90%, I go out and did squats, which I know that I still have the pain, and after the training when I head home, the pain worsened. Although probably to others the urge to train is very good, but when you're injured you're much better off staying at home instead of rubbing salt on the wound. So nowadays, I stayed at home trying not to head outside at all. But still, I have temptation to move.

Then I realize, this is the time I should really put in effort to control my body and not give in to temptations, because if I don't, and let my foolishness result into more disaster, then things aren't gonna be so nice anymore. As my condition now isn't really that bad as compared to tendonitis, anterior cruciate ligament pains, fractured ligament, meniscus tear... I should really not take things for granted. I really think if it takes another few more weeks to recover, so be it.. or not it will turn out even longer then expected, which is something that nobody wants. I'm sure excited on my new strength training routine that I really wanna start working on, but if my knee is not up for it, how am I gonna start it? I really should rest, rest properly, not even a single movement which requires the knee (except walking and really necessary things).

Its been one month. The whole of July I've used to rest my knee, but then its not even healed yet. I guess it will cut in till the first week of August, thats what I hope. I think only then I would finally start my strength training. But theres no rush, if it means more time, then theres no choice. Anyway, I feel like, dedicating alot alot of time on it rather then movements. I think this is the time of my life that I should putting alot of emphasis on strength, as I think I'm hitting my puberty soon, then by next year I will be quite bulky. And taller too, probably. And of course I wanna be more prepared for movements so I don't get knee probelms such as the one I'm suffering from now. And no movements = less injuries. So play safe.

So I'll still stick to what I've originally planned - August, September, October, strength training purely. Nov and Dec, probably one or two days a week on movements, strength training too. 2009 I would probably still train as hard, but more days on movements and tricks, probably if possible I should be spend 30mins - 1hr practicing a particular movements, then rest, then head to gym again, to benefit more. I'll see what will come, but then for the rest of this year, I'll put a big emphasis on strength training, and next year you guys will see a much stronger CP.

Oh and the picture at the top needs some adjustments. :P
Just a small update on my current situation now. HAHAHAHAHA.

No comments: