Monday, May 19, 2008

The 17th and 18th.

Here it is, my thoughts of the past two days.

I was looking forward to the event since Ashton told me about it. I knew it will be good event, as one of my things that I want to do is to film a video similar to "Cambridge Joy", but only in Singapore. I wanted to film that since last year, so this event, finally, gave me that very chance. Obviously I want and knew that the video will be dammmmm good, and all had turned out well. Although not much people came as expected, the event is really fun.

Qayyim came, finally met him. I watched his videos and they are really good, so to see him in real life is a really good privilege, same goes to be able to come for the event. The event turned out pretty well, and I'm not disappointed. :)

Ok, enough of all this gay shit.

Now the main thing is to compile all the clips and make a hell' good video thru editing. Now lets see what did I did wrong and what did I learnt through the 2 days of great training.
- Pushed myself too much (doing maximum precisionjumps, really far jumps, etc..)
- Wallpasses and climbups really slackened.
- Armswinging in precision jumps gone haywire, fuck.
- Rolls and landings still very sloppy.
- Not having a strict goal when training.
- Still too impactful, but since this is for the event, hmm..
- Aerial and backflip needs to be worked on hard now.
There is more I think but this are the main few. I guess I need to work on all those I've mentioned above, and work on it hard, while doing lotsa strength training too.

Anyway, few things worth mentioning :
Like I said before in one of my past posts, I practice l'art du displacement. But I now realize Parkour, Freerunning, Tricking, Streetstunts, Art-of-movements, blahblah are usually very close to each other, although terms shouldn't be used interchangably, but they contain the same elements - movements. The focus is only whether it is on efficiency, aesthetics, speed, or just fun. I think I'm more towards making my movements fun and aesthetically pleasing, because I like them, and I want to move gracefully and freely, and I want to move the way I want to. Remember the motto - "I move for myself.", so if people says shitty stuffs I can't give a fuck. I don't really care whether it is efficient (in terms of speed/safety/energy-efficient), but I could make my movements efficient as so whenever in need, I could use them, but those chances are negligible. I would also like my movements to be fluid, fast, explosive and that plays a part in making the movements look nicer. I've cleared my mind, and this is where I am going to head to. I'm sorry people but rest assured I'm not a parkour rip-off, and I just want to classify my style correctly. But whatever is, parkour and movements and etc. are comes from the same roots, so no matter what, it will be still more or less be similar, just different focuses, but we will still be together.

Posers on the other hand, deserve some ranting. Well just yesterday I saw a video which is sooooooo damn retarded, they are doing so stupid stuffs which everyone can do but most probably won't want to because it is so retarded. The people in the video are worse, when we insulted and flamed them, their replies are so immature and retarded, one even thought a guy which is clear-cuttedly flaming him, yet he thinks he is praising them, and he thanked him, and until he realized that he just got owned, he switched topic and said it was sarcasmsms. They even claim their video is better then mine, saying my music sucks, and one said my video is a waste of time and I suck and told me to do "better parkour", which is the biggest joke ever, the most ironic of all is that those are coming from those kids themselves. One said although they are noob(yep, very true), they are still doing parkour (lol, not true at all). Fucking hell, what a joke man. Still despite all the negative comments, their inflated ego still isn't convinced that they are wrong, and continue to fight back, but obviously failed miserably. Good thing is they deleted the video, but one guy hadn't put the matter to rest, and he tried so hard to insult me and my profile comment box. Nice try, but it just goes to show how retarded and immature those faggots are, and I got nothing to say, want to bother this kind of spoilt eggs are just a plain waste of time.

Next, I was wondering whether I should continue flaming the videos. Firstly the video and description is an eyesore, but if I flame back, their soreloser replies will be yet another eyesore. I really don't know, to save the image of Singapore Parkour or just wait and hope things will get better? Or just don't care because there is actually no hope already. Also to flame is really a waste of time, so I shouldn't bother. Until I see a video which have potential I might try to help them or something, but that also depends on my mood, because the local parkour scene is just to saddening, and funny. Oh well, things are like that already, what to do...

Can't believe the month of May is going to end soon, June will surely contain alot of hard trainings and I can't wait to finish my videos for May and the PKSG video for this event. Maybe I will make a May/June video because I might not have enough time, and I will make a different video for a chance this May instead. Lets see how things goes...

Till then.

No comments: