Monday, May 26, 2008

Time flies.

I've been wanting to blog since the last few days but I can't get my fingers to do the job.

Last Friday was movements practice and I think it got screwed up - yet again. Oh well thanks to my filming temptation I can't really focus on what I wanna do. I don't know when should I make a video again but it seems like I didn't like what I'd filmed last Friday, so I would need to retake whatever I took again. I really need to take my movements training more seriously now or not I wouldn't improve at all. My precisions are still not controlled and my armswinging is still cocked up. Same goes for my wallpasses, they really slackened after what-seemed-like-years of not practicing. Climbups improve but my "straight-armed" climbups still looks too ambitious for me. And I didn't even practiced rolls at all. Damn.

Tricking is worst. I can't backtuck properly anymore, its really gay and my aerial is worse. My one-handed cartwheel also got fucked after getting aerial into my muscle memory. Ahhh shit man, this really sucks. I really need to work on them seriously all over again. My tucking also needs alot of practice too, it really sucks too. I think losing skills are kinda normal, but I really hope I can get them back soon, but I shouldn't rush myself. But on the brighter side, my front tucks are awesome now, but I'm not gonna be complacent anymore.

As I can see, I still really lack of self-control. I told myself to practice handstands for a little while everyday as I need alot of practice to get a handstand, but I didnt. Same goes for rolls, climbup, aerial, backflip. I was planning to practice them consistently but I didn't. I have 7 goals for this month and I think I'm only gonna tick 2 of them. My mistake was that I didn't focus on them hard, like I put it there for show and never really trained hard for it. Also there might be too much goals, although most of them are just a show of self-control. I think I'm also too ambitious with my straight-armed climbup goal. Oh well I learnt a lesson, I hope not to repeat the same old mistakes with June's goals.

I also learnt alot more on how to strength train, which is really good. I should start my cycle after I come back for the vietnam trip. I think I should work on my bench press and front squats, as I'm getting the hang of it already, so slowly I could up the weights are train for strength. Goodmornings on the other hand still needs alot of work so I should find a day to just practice lifts for form so I can incorporate those new lifts into my strength training. I can see the effect of strength training now, and I'm going to continue.

Next week I'm going to Vietnam... and I hope its going to be good. The people over there is kinda lame like that fat ass, but the rest I could say its ok, just that I don't know them. Its going to be 5 days of no training, oh no. Also its going to be 5 days of eating weird stuffs, I hope its going to be nice food. And its going to be 5 days of lame stuffs, I'm not sure actually why am I going to this trip at the first place, but since everything is done, I couldn't do much already, and just take this opportunity to rest and slack and explore the overseas.

Anyway, yet another few things I've learnt.
About flaming and stuffs. I think although however retarded people maybe in Youtube posting really retarded videos which is totally not Parkour, but yet calling it parkour, and think that they are very good, we shouldn't flame them, somehow. It will only make things worst. Firstly insults are very demeaning and discouraging. I'm sure that we all started out noobs and don't know what parkour is at first. Secondly I think instead of flaming, we should clear things up and start educate those posers on what Parkour is. But if they don't wanna listen then there is nothing more we could do but ignore those faggots. I really hope the image of Parkour will get better but that is just wishful thinking.

And now more and more people know about Parkour (but of course don't know what it truly is anyway), and they think that it is just some streetstunts, tricking, rollerskating, skateboarding kinda thing, it looks cool, and they wish to do it, but they can't do it. But when some random guy comes up and do Parkour they will go "Wahh Parkour seh," or "Here comes to Parkour master!". But truly in their heart they are jealous and just wanna put us down by saying stuffs like that or "lame sia Parkour boy". Well everyone don't know what Parkour is anyway, all they know is to be jealous of people who can do stuffs that they cannot do. And they will think we are showoffs. Lol, I can't stand all this immature dumbasses. You got no freedom when you see this dumbasses.

Next, I'm not sure but I think I'm acting so pro towards the newcomers and insult whatever they say. I can honestly say I'm very direct but sometimes I'm not sure of how those people feels too. I think when they say or do or show something that is really retarded, I will start insulting them like assholes but I actually realize I'm too insensitive. Surely I don't wanna be treated like this, although people like Andi and Nazir already did stuffs like that but I think I'm pushing my limits too far. I'm sure that no one wants to be treated like that anyway so I shouldn't be one who keeps scolding and everything but rather talk nice (or ACT nice), as it will be alot better. I should be acting like Ashton or GPJ when it comes to teaching newcomers. Hahahahaha.

I also feel that the friendship and spirit between traceurs are different then normal friends really. Look, I think after knowing Parkour and training it until now, I've been realizing so many new stuffs that made so huge an impact to my life. Traceurs that I know, GPJ, Ashton, NC, etc., I'm meeting more often then my normal friends (but it is a fact that I don't even hang out with friends at all). And I also appreciate them more then how I appreciate my normal friends, as we talk alot and share the same interest - movements. Thats what I think. Parkour is not just a normal sport or pastime or hobby or add your synonyms here, but instead it is way beyond it, its a different atmosphere within traceurs. I don't know, but this is how it is to me. Another reason could be because I don't really have good friends in school. Hahahahahahaha.

I'm not sure what other craps to add, so I think I'll stop here.

No comments: