Saturday, November 15, 2008

End of 5x5

I just came back from the last day of my routine, felt really damn good. Actually I took this day like really, really preparing for like a competition kind of thing, but not really to the extent. But I did way more psyching up and proper stuffs to get you ready for your maximum lifts, and it sure did pull off well. Ok, squats was awesome, it was definitely my max of lifts, really used alot of effort into that. Was really happy to end up with a new PR, and end this cycle happily. Benchpress sucks, ok, I did manage to pull like 2 reps of 50kg, but then the 3rd rep slipped up, but I don't really care because I don't like benchpresses much. Pullups are awesome again, which is the really 2nd favourite lift in this routine, or rather, the 2nd most important lift for me.

Definitely this workout made me way more stronger and powerful, which improved my squats by 6kg for 5 reps, learnt way more about strength training, acclimated to the conditions, jumps gotten higher and further, muscleups are easy as fuck. Also I think my discipline towards this is really good, I only skipped once due to being really tired the day after my birthday jam, a sacriface I'm willing to make. On that day I would really need to push myself so if I'm going down with half of fitness I probably can't perform well. But overall I did still went for the trainings, making sure I stick to it, so I'm really happy. These are things you would need in order to get achievements you want.

Current personal records
Full back Squats of 76KG (5 reps)
Weighted Pullups of 21KG (5 reps)
Bench Press of 48KG (5 reps)
Deadlift of 66KG (5 reps) - honestly I don't really bother doing this much thats why the gap.
Standing Press of 35KG (5 reps) - yeah don't train this either.

Oh yeah when I took out my camera, some guys over there was asking me why do I take videos, in a sarcastic tone. Well the other guys were talking to themselves in malay and said the word "youtube" and they burst out laughing. Its really funny though how they laugh to ourselves, either thinking we're weak, or wanting to showoff, when they are the ones who are weak, and training for big bulky muscle to attract girls. Firstly whats wrong of just taking some clips of my personal achievement? Its not like I wanna post it in the net and show off my squats. Its just stupid. But ah, fuck it, I shouldn't care.

I really doubt this is my maximum, I mean, maybe, just maybe I could go for more but I decided to take a break now, because I've been constantly increasing workload week by week and fatigue is really building up, so I need to take time out as well. Also since now its the holidays, I would probably want to train more so as to keep up with the time. After deloading I'll probably do some proper training for strength so that I don't get rusty when it comes to next year, and of course training movements, which I'm gonna think of what I should focus on training for this period of time.

My goals for next year is to get a 5 reps full back squats of 2x my bodyweight (which would be 100kg ++). I really hope I could, since next year I would really focus alot on my strength. I would also train hard for an OAC, so I hope I could be able to do Planche en Force before the end of this year. I just hope I don't gain too much mass or something in the next year. I really need to finish my puberty soon, in fact it hasn't even reached the halfway point, damn it I do lack growth hormones. I need to grow!
Anyway, of course all this goal is just for next year. But for life, I would really want to be able to squat 3 plates one day, which is 140kg, and being able to pullup with my own bodyweight added.
After reviewing the jumps that I wanted to do, it seems like really, many things aren't that easy as you think. Yeah for sure my legs have increased power, but that doesn't mean I can nail all the big stuffs I used to be unable to. I think I'm too complacent. Just because I've improved, doesn't mean that I can nail the stuffs that I couldn't in the past. Things are way harder then it seems, almost always, but definitely in whatever circumstances, everything is possible.
I guess the thing I want to do in the future and during the holidays, is not all the big jump stuffs. They will be improved with strength training alone. Heres what I think I will be doing. Generally alot of more technical stuffs, meaning its not about strength or power, but rather of confidence and technique. Things like flips, reverse vault for distance, 360 precision/catleap. I'll try precision jumps, but usually to a higher obstacle, its way lighter in terms of impacts, and I want to get used to the "JUMP UP NOT FORWARD, GODDAMMIT!!!!!!!" shit. I want to get used to different kinds of vaults. Train more runs. Out of everything, the most important one is to just keep everything low impact, and drill severely, but try to keep movements training at most 1hr 30minutes, or spreaded out alittle longer, but don't overtrain your body lest you kill your knees and ankles.

Just a conversation with Nazir just now had already changed my thoughts on how I see posers mostly and my thinking in a whole. Well few questions, if theres newcomers, would you train in front of them? How would you feel if they suck up to you? How would you react to newcomers saying 'WOAH' (like Zhiyang) everytime when you do 'big' stuffs? People copying you? Those kind of questions. What he said actually does make sense.
Firstly, whats wrong with training in front of newcomers? My initial thoughts are that, they will want to copy you, and they will irritate you and shit. Now, actually whats the point of letting a bunch of posers, or in fact any people, get into your way of training. Just do what you want to, and there's no need to care about what they say or think about you. About copying, it is true that everyone does copy from each other. Just look at the videos, how many people are doing the same thing, sdc to pre, sdc to pre, all the same. Nazir said was true, those were just goals. Just look at how many people aiming to do the nazir's wall, SDC2P at dinos, all the stuffs. There isn't a rule that say its wrong to copy others, theyre just goals to nail for, to test progression. I was too sensitive, but yeah I still think we should take some time out and think of new ways to move and not be too close minded and copy ALL THE TIME. Yeah and I shouldn't be all worked up if anyone would copy me. No point.

Was also chatting about when kids wants to be like you, and suck up to you and all that. Oh, so just a few words they say will affect your whole training and thoughts? There's no point dreading over it. Just really, heck care. What really matters is yourself, the reason you are training, no one should affect you. You just have to be yourself.

I wonder if you guys actually really thought of what you're doing. Everyone definitely have their own way of training, own reason, own style. Just wondering at all, if you guys take this seriously. Do you guys actually thought of the reason why you train? OH WAIT, I KNOW, self-improvement, so you can use it in an escape, to be more active more stronger, overcome my mental barriers. I'm so bored of such generic reasons of training. I will want to share my thoughts, BUT NAH, you guys will probably copy and paste what I said and say "yeah yeah me too!". You know sometimes the real reason why I chose to be original sometimes and not always blindly copy other is that, you will need as a person yourself to think about your reasoning, your way of training, the direction you're heading. You know, without philosophy, action HAVE NO MEANING. I want to really think the real purpose of my training, and really see why I am doing all this, what do I want to gain. But then again, as long as I know myself, and have a clear conscience, I'm all set.

Ah, I really don't know what to say now.
I guess now as my 10 week routine is totally well done and over, time to start training movement for the remaing 6weeks +/- of the year, to do some unfinished business. I'm gonna start filming soon. Gonna really plan on each training, and deloading, and what I'm gonna do in the gym in december. I don't wanna waste anymore time now, have to take the full advantage of time I have, training at night if I have to.

Yeah fuck I don't feel like talking so much, actions speak louder then words.

BTW go watch my new video on denester1 profile!

No comments: