Sunday, November 30, 2008

Out of hand.

Recent training, as for the whole of this week, is kinda bad.

I'll really type my shit down fast.
Monday is crap, as I've said in the previous post. Alot of impactful stuffs, training for way too long, sprained my ankle after one huge running jump precision, and worsened after a bail off a catleap. Gotten my flips back though... but still alot of improvements are to be made.
Tuesday I rest due to my crappy ankle, went to gym. Forms suddenly feel really crap out of the sudden, will explain more later.
Wednesday rest, did shits at home..
Thursday went to gym did a few stuffs.. ok was not that bad, then night time when to Simei and train, for like damn long.. which is totally not going the way I planned. Wallpasses seems to be OK and really shitty at times... in other words fucking inconsistent, but yeah I've seen improvements. Remember the stupid wall which I call "wall of doom", the wall where I did nearly 50 attempts just to get a wallpass on film, which failed and in turn screwed my knee really badly. Don't know, I'm not totally good with it yet, but last week I managed to nailed the wall in my first attempt. Today I nailed it 6 times in i think 13 attempts... Which is not bad considering the past.. but I didn't really want to continue once I fail, bad memories. I did alot of movements and really stresses my knees, which is the bad of doing too mcuh on one day.
Didn't stop there though. Friday went to Wes' jam, did some stuffs here and there, wasn't planning to train much but then again, I succumbed to temptation. Actually it was ok until I went to Clarke Quay, and think I overdid myself.. And I had another look at the SDC2Pre, NOT EASY AT ALL, Just tells me how crazy the standards are in UK, the ramp at Imax, sdc2p like NOTHING! Fuck, I was another video, go to the youtube account 'littlemrenergy' and watch his latest video 'sheffield', INSANE OWNAGE to the standard here in Singapore. OK went abit off topic. I re-tried the SDC2cat, isn't easy too, I got it usually by luck. So much more to improve on...
And then yesterday, went to gym, my form on squats felt really bad, smae for my bench press all of the sudden.. it feels damn weird sia. I'm not talking about fatigue, just form without weights feels crap. DAMN IT LAH.... I really need to work on it. I don't know why I feel insecure with my forms alot of times.. and need someone reliable to spot it. Its sooooooo weird. fuck lah. irritating feeling. I wasn't planning to do any movements training that day, but decided not to slack at home, but meet up the other guys to slack or maybe do light movements. As usual, succumbed to temptation, ended up training so many stuffs.. to a point where there is too much impacts going into the knees, ankle, lowerback. DIE.

This week is crap, today I'm staying at home. I'm gonna train handstands, somethign that I haven't properly focused for a long time. DAMN! and I said I'm gonna get them by this year. Fuck, I'm not working towards my goals. Seriously man, actually, don't even talk about goals, but about being strict towards my training (AND GOALS). I said 1hr 30minutes the max for movements training. But didn't stick to it. That is just one thing bad about me.. I never stick to my plans.. I mean sometimes I do, but occasionally things will cock up. I really hope my knees, ankles, lowerback, actually essentially my whole body is still fine when I hit 40. Thats why I need to make sure my squats form and the others are spot on, and also my movements training isnt too stressful for my joints. Those are some stuffs that I must seriously work on... since last time sia.. damn.

I got to admit, my knees are totally 100% fine yet, all the way back to early July. Ankle sprain also isn't totally healed. At times after training, I feel some lowerback strain. Wrist feels pains time and again, but they aren't really serious. The bruise on my hip (that I've gotten from Monday) still feels pain. All this stuffs isn't like all the time, the knee being usually after a impactful day of training, ankle from the bail, lowerback after heavy or too squatting and/or deadlifting, wrist after long day of handbalancing. Thats why its never good to train for too long.

Also find that I see improvement when I'm able to do a bigger, better movement. I think even if I'm strong to be able to handle impact, if I keep pushing my limits, keep doing bigger and bigger jumps, in the end I'm still handling same amount of impact, which really isn't of any point. Improvement doesn't always mean being able to nail a bigger jump or what, but being able to control a movement properly, feeling that a movement that you once struggled to do felt easier, being faster, smoother in your movement, or just feeling lighter in your movement. Sure it is ok to try some big movement, I mean it is a way to test your improvement - to be able to nail one 'big' stuff that you couldn't in the past. But you can't keep on pushing.. not only is that risky, but your joints wouldn't be happy too. Sometimes when you improve, your mind definitely will feel happy, but then your body won't feel good, which is just.. a bad trade in my opinion. I should really start changing my training mindset.

What else to say about this week? My diet, is crap. Eating too much fast food, like twice for this week alone. I guess I should really cut out the bad fats and eat properly, especially protein. EGGS ROCKS. TUNA TOO, CHICKEN STILL THE BEST.

Ok. Let me talk about some stuffs first.
Flips are getting there.. but I think I need more practice in my backflip.. on getting more height and proper tucking and being able to do them on concrete. Frontflip still the same probelm.. can't find the correct timing to untuck to land it straight and well without overrotating or underrotating. Aerial still needs work on flat. I wanna try the lache gainer and sideflip soon.. but one step at a time.
Pahcour-wise. Wallpasses found improvements. SDC is good, but not good enough for the one at Clarke Quay, but no hurry for that. Need to work on my fluidity rather then on bigger precision jumps or catleap or whatever. Muscleups seems alot better and natural now, being able to do false grip muscleup on shelter. Cat2cats are way better. Dash 2 precisions are getting further. Precisions seems better, but I never work on them recently. Have some ideas in castle, gonna nail some stuffs no one ever thought of doing... one day (not anytime soon). Still wants improvement in vertical jump. Guess thats all.
Random stuffs-wise, bar tricks are getting a little better, but still not the state I want them to be. Need to nail more new tricks.. get comfortable with the old ones, and get good with them. Handstands are getting better.. although I haven't train them much. Control is almost there, but still, its very inconsistent. I wonder when will I be able to say that I can do a handstand. Still, I will work hard for it. Rail-work, I'm getting ok with the KASH-turnvault thing, but still wanna get it till I can sit on the bar 98% of the time. Backwards SDC... I NEED HIPS FLEXIBILITY DAMN. I want to be able to tuck my legs through my hands in a l-sit to handstand. Palmspins are getting there, but haven't tried it on a rail, too scared to do so. FUCK. Still training for dash to turnvault like what Victor Lopez did. 360 precisions... still super uncontrolled. Reverse vaults for distance.. very hard.

Also I wanna say that, I see Pahcore way differently then most of you guys. I've been influenced by some guys in Parkour.net in the past, and my thinking differs quite alot of other guys. I tell myself I don't do pahcore because I clearly don't. I don't try to make my movement practical so I can apply them in real life, because I don't train for that (but I'm pretty sure if there are situation where I need to put my skills to test, I can). Sometimes efficiency can be fun (rage froobling wootwoot), but I don't want to be just efficient and efficient only.
And I'm not the guy who likes doing quadrupedalling, multiple precision jumps, doing conditioning the way Yamakasi does it (no disrespect to them), because I'm kinda the pro-weight training guy as I'm very convinced that weights are the better way to train for strength. So many myths and other craps goes about though, something that I feel kinda sad for. Actually I don't really mind as its cool doing training differently from others. SQUATS ARE THE BEST EXERCISE EVER!

I really should start taking videos right now. Missed out a couple of good scenery shots.. only to know that I didn't bring my camera along.. hope I have another chance to catch them again. Whats more, its already December tomorrow. Thats fucking fast. Holidays are soon to be over... Have to cherish time right now and train hard. Oh and Ashton, don't forget about your video. Gonna start collecting clips in my travels right now.

Tomorrow I'm going to gym and start working on my form.
Tuesday I'm going Chong Pang probably to train for the SDC2P at Clarke Quay. And check out spots at Sembawang.
Wednesday I think I'm going to Taman Jurong, film stuffs there, calling guys to come along as well.. somewhat like a mini jam for all of us.
Thursday will be my final deloading day, after that I'm free to do my own training in the gym.
Friday I'll probably go castle and work on stuffs again.. especially flips I guess.
Saturday, again at Tampines, jam over there
Sunday.... I don't know.
Plans for the next week - keep training around 1hr 30minutes. And film!

Now that it is December, I hope that my training will improve.

No comments: