Thursday, January 29, 2009

Back to strength training.

Today I went to Buangkok for some training after school, which ended at 4pm. But I still managed to go train for about 1hr 30minutes, got back at 8pm. Which means today went by pretty fast, and I'm still blogging.
Was a good training, Buangkok spots are lovely, a few unfinished business to be nailed hopefully in a months time (where I plan to make a buangkok jam guys! look out for it). One is the wallpass that Zheeyang tried in Buangkok Horror. Then another is a huge sdc2lp which I'm pretty sure is nailable, I got quite closed to it. Filmed some stuffs today, will probably compile those snippets along with the old clips I still have into a small video, but I wanna get more clips in Tampines first. Things were alot easier then it were some time ago, being able to nail the sdc2p so easily, and the running precision (the one that Fred did a standing crane in his teaser) is so fucking easy...

Of course I've trained flips today, but don't think it was much of a productive flips training. I can officially say I got over the fear of my backflips, and my lache gainer fear is totally out now. I can whack lache gainers like nothing right now, they are indeed the most easiest of flips that I can think of. But I do want to work on them, like getting them really floaty and controlled or even do a lache 360 gainer, or lache reverse front, lache gainer precision... but not so soon. I can get over the fear of a backflip but not as easy as my lache gainer yet, because its much harder. I wanna get more floatier, cleaner form soon. As of now, my backflip looks absolutely terrible, but I can work on it. Frontflips still is uncontrolled, I need to learn how to tuck tighter man, in videos I can see my knees are still quite far away from my chest. Need to get used to them. One thing that I will start learning now is sideflips, I should just attempt them and hopefully landing them horribly.

I'll try my best to flip at least 10 backflips everyday right now, since its the flip that is relatively low impact and the flip that I need the most work on. I still have an awkward habit to twist alittle bit while doing that flip, and also I seem to go forward. And my tuck is sooo loose. Looks so ugly lol, especially with that low landing. Need to work on them definitely, as it is the basics of flips and I must have them good in my system before I progress to other flips like gainer, roundoff back, palmflip, wallflip, etc. Frontflip is still far from good too. Actually I'm repeating what I'm writing.. all I'm saying I'm going to focus much more in my flips. Full stop.

Next..
Like my title suggests. I'm getting back to proper strength training. I can see progress in my leg power especially in my movements, higher jumps, further precisions and etc. But my ultimate goal for this year (for legs) is definitely my 2x BW squats. Now its time to go back to what I used to be few months ago, quite strict diet, less movements, more strength training, starving myself with protein, good rest (sleep).
This strength training routine is definitely much more intense then the previous ones but I'll still try my best to get good results out of it. I can see myself struggling on the third week, its already the week where I'm going to be squatting my current personal record. I'll try to stick to the book as much as I can, but I'll listen to my body and lower the intensity if needs be. It's gonna be a tough routine, but thats how I'm going to work for my OAC as well. Pullups looks killer. 27kg x 3reps after week 9 of routine. 87kg x 3reps for squats. Thats an 11kg increase. I'm not sure whether I could stick to the weights stated on the book though.

My weight have been increasing as of late and I'm doubtful that it is muscle mass because of the food that I'm eating during CNY. Not a good thing. Need to stop eating those comfort food and indulge in protein-rich foods again. Tuna, chicken, peanuts, fish, chicken, egg, meat, CHICKEN!

Studies have been much more stressful recently.. falling back far behind in Chemistry but still trying my best to cope and balance studies with training. I'm glad I past my Amaths test but still need so much more practice on Trigonometry (got 2/11 for that portion which is fucking gay). Need to study.. but lazy to study.. but no choice.. what to do. School isn't too good as well. Don't really think I'm very sociable.. but whatever.

I got sudden inspiration to film cool stuffs and edit cool stuffs again, got ideas for my documentary already. Should start experimenting angles and shots, try putting my fanciful ideas for timelapse into work. Woohoo, filming. I feel like applying for direct admission with one of my self-made film.. I wonder if it is possible.

Listened to alot of new drum and bass tunes nowadays. Found out many hidden masterpieces. Been listening to them ever since. Drum and bass can't be compared to any other genre. I have one piece in mind that could very well be the song that I'll be using for my breakthrough video. Liquid Dnb ftw. Shalap.

Got many things to do, one month of 2009 is about to be finished, amazing how fast time flies, seriously. So still two goals in mind. Strength training and flips. I'll try to train on tuesdays flips light training and saturday movements (which include flips) quite intensive. Sunday and Thursdays will be rest and Mondays and Fridays are serious killers. Wednesday is a light strength training day.
Next week onwards, training will be much more stricter.

No comments: