Friday, January 16, 2009

Yet another bail.

Was training with Ista Ho, the australian traceur who visited us yesterday, was an incredible meet. He have been to England, France, some other countries and the bigger parts of South East Asia. He meet the UK community and wow how I envy him that he have talked to the world's best and all the other big names. When will it be my turn? Time will come, time will come. No matter what, I must go to Lisses and England one day.

Although the day was fun and all, my training wasn't that good... lotsa bad landings, impacted myself alot, didn't managed to nail much stuffs, and needa alot of tries to get things right, small bails before one big bail to end up the day for me.. was a really sucky day in terms of training to be honest. Slipped on the grass, hands slipped, hesitated, ran too fast, fell head over heels, landed hip first onto concrete flooring, bruising it and making me unable to walk upstairs without feeling pain and much less jumping and taking landings. Fuck might be a whole week out for training as I can see now. Time to acclimate to harsher strength trainings then, since its not far away from the routine.

Much people saying bailing is 'normal' and it happens, they are a part and parcel of Parkcore. Some even said it is OK to bail. Sure it does happens, but definitely not all the time, most people bail too. One thing is, some guys hardly bail if they are focused all the time, careful and don't push their limits. I consider myself luckily not doing it at the other side where theres a bigger drop to stairs and if I were to bail there, thats it. Bishan Horror. Yeah thankfully my bail isn't as bad as xaviersilfa. But I shouldn't take it for granted, something that I'm trying to do since last year... I should do my bestest to avoid injuries of any cost. I'm bailing small stuffs too regularly, which is stupid.

As usual, this week I hardly did worked on my goals. Really sucky week in all in terms of movements training, but got a 25kg x 3reps pullups (1/2 BW pullup lol) and 30kg x 1rep pullup(sucky). Was ok with it and I think I am ready to hit the new routine soon. Due to my injury(ies) I probably won't be doing much movements till it gets fine. Need to start working on my flips man, its really not going to help if I sit down here and do nothing, or just continue working on my strengths not my weaknesses. I don't have much time left, so I'd better start working. There's no rush though..
Handstands.. seriously need to work on that. It supposed to be a goal to be achieved last year. But now at 2009 I don't think I am anywhere close..

Other points of interests..
I wonder how many people understand what they are saying and proclaiming to other people. The world is indeed really ignorant. When it comes to topics like strength training, dieting, sports generally, all kinds of craps are being thrown around. I like to see the old aunties and fat people go jogging and think that they are very healthy and they think they lose fats fast and all, teenagers telling me to jump more to grow taller, don't do weight training as in stunts growth, weight training makes you slow, and bulky and nonsense, it always happens.. people also think just by eat fruits and veggies, they think that eat so healthily. Worse, vegetarians eat all kinds of food but meat and fishes, fucking delusionized fools.. Worse is yet to come, when people ask for conditioning tips, they tell they everything but strength training. All endurance bastards. OH MY LEGS FEELS LIKE JELLY, SIA LAH GOOD WORKOUT. TOMORROW CONFIRM SORE! *brag brag* I used to think like that. In school, guys telling you how to get better 2.4km timing, answer = run 4.8km. Wow fucking dumbasses. Sometimes what make sense to your eyes, doesn't make sense in reality. Myths and rumours floating everywhere, I've only listed 3% of all sports myths and craps. It's all society's fault, blame them.

Read Blane's FAQ post. I like the part about what is his aims for trainings.
1) Avoid Injuries (the reason why I mentioned about avoiding injuries earlier on)
2) Repeat stuffs until it because fucking easy.
2nd point is true. Really true. I should place more emphasis on repetition in my training. Just keep doing them till it gets easier and easier. But when fatigue builds, I stop, to avoid bad imprints in my muscle memory. The reason why Daniel Ilabaca, David Belle, PhilyDee does their stuffs with effortless, near perfection techniques and consistency is mainly because of that - repetition on every movement.

I think I should lower the intensity of the movements that I'm doing now, place my priority on nailing the stuffs that I already can more comfortably, and more controlled and consistent. As I feel that nowadays I'm putting alot of pressure in my joints (knees, ankles, back even (yet another fact most people don't know, how much stress is placed in knees and back while running, landing.)). I just wanna improve my flips and learn new ones, for PK, just repeat and repeat the stuffs I could already do, aim for perfection. Whats more, now I'm going into the strength training phase, I will be cutting down alot on movements training, so I should emphasize flips in my trainings on Saturdays. Aim for repetition, alot of them, and keep everything low.

Just something that I want to point out. I feel like stopping to train with the others for the after Zahid's Tamp jam, and I decided to screw the weekly training sessions as I'm not sure how am I gonna fit my timetable into them, don't think I have the resposibility to do that. I wanna develop my skills and stuffs myself, mainly because as this discipline is very much an individual kind of matter, I should train the stuffs that I do for myself irregardless of the people around me. I feel that it is much more easier to concentrate in training alone. I will just meet people that I wanna meet once in awhile. Lastly, I like to give people suprises, working in secret is fun, the advantages of training alone as well. People can start realizing your progression. But really, thats not my main point.

I felt that I can improve my video skills much more, mainly on my camera movements and angles. I thought of bringing my timelapse to a whole new, more professional level. Editing too, a more professional feel in my editings. I needa get a wide lens soon, also I should think of clever shots artistically not those very cliche movements which is very easily imitated. I'm far from being a pro filmmaker/cameraman/editor, but I should really start working on getting better in them too. First major project of the year, Ashton's showreel.

Studies are getting more stressful at the moment. With two tests next week, one being an Amaths test. I have forgotten alot of the topics in there and I'm not sure how am I gonna cope with the test. I can't fail this test. I seriously should start revising and stop wasting time procrastinating. I needa stay back after school for lab practical on Mondays. Still not coping very well socially but yeah I guess I shouldn't dwell on that much. Chinese is still very lame. I was thinking of trying to apply for direct admission to poly with my portfolio. Chinese New Year is coming in about a week's time!

I needa get a new shoe as well. I hope I can get try to find a website to get an Kalenji but if I can't, I'm gonna settle for another Nike Darts.

Last but not least, I shouldn't talk so much if I couldn't put what I've said into actions.

No comments: