Thursday, January 1, 2009

The start of 2009.

First things first. My latest video.
CP: In Motion. The video was indeed a hit judging from the huge positive response, hitting 1k views in one day. 700 views in 20 hours. 4 GLOBAL honors from its first day. I did put alot of work into it, editing wise, and asked the guys to helped me film stuffs, I'm happy with the content. I tried to sync my movements and editing stuffs in, was planning the video to be more of a cinematography reel but since I'm the guy being shown doing movements I can't possibly showcase my filming skills as I'm not handling the camera. And as usual, the timelapse are my signature, they the best way to display art in videos. I think I've setted a new standard in PKSG videos. My breakthrough video in 2010, will be THE breakthrough video. This video already gained a good hit and 23 new subscribers (at the moment), I wonder how much more will the real video get. Expect it to be better then this, as I put editing skills and directing skills to the test together with my hopeful achievement of my one-day-goals.



Ok other things.
SCHOOL reopens tomorrow. I hate school well I don't see much purpose to it. Because Singapore is so competitive, without that fucking piece of paper you can't get good jobs, I guess we all have no choice, lan lan suck thumb. What to do? Singapore sucks... I think the studies are for our own good, and if we refused to do our homework it is OUR probelm. The most the teachers can do is to tell us that but no point scolding because it is up to us whether we want to do it anot. The grades will reflect how much we study and shit. Oh well I guess another reason for going to school is interaction. Sadly I don't have a truly good friend, so yeah, as they are the typical singaporeans I can't do anything but to just try to blend in.

Talking about friends made me think back. Ashton's birthday party was celebrated with traceurs. It tells me that traceurs carries a huger bond then outside friends... wow. I'm pretty sure many people feels this way, as we keep training together the bond builds on, sharing the same interest and goals. The reason why I let only my close traceurs friends is because of the fact that they understand what I am doing and stuffs. I've yet to find a friend outside PK that properly understands what I do, they usually think of many other crappy stuffs although some respects it and doesn't mock at me whatsoever... I just hope to have a closer rapport between some of my class/schoolmates. But still, as I'm prepared to expect typical Singaporeans will act stupidly, I guess I like to keep my training undercover and just try to be normal friends with people in school.. oh well.

2010 will be my breakthrough year. With the release of my video in plan, and travelling to UK and/or Lisses. Wait, travelling, that surely means money right? How am I gonna be supposed to earn/save so money for that? Obviously saving up.. but then with people like my mother keep taking my money, it makes this alot harder. I hope she don't take my ang pao money, and also return half of what she took (she took 1000bucks+ I'm only asking for 500 back, all this is my money). Whole point is I just need to save up money to travel..

2009, whats so special about 2009? I wonder what will be ahead of me this year. What obstacles and challenges I will be facing, what achievements and milestones will it hit. As I know this year I will concentrate more on flips, and just be more comfortable with my movements, and consistent in them. Those are points in general that I will striving for this year. Studies wise, just do my best and work hard for O levels. Strength training will definitely boost my strength and power, will be doing this till I hit my 2x BW squats goal and OAC! Must work hard as of now.

January... as much as I hate going to school, we all have no choice so.. yeah. This month there Chinese New Year, something to look forward to as we will get more ang poa money and of course time out from stupid school. I'm enjoying the time out of school as much as possible, school sucks, but... hais. Just try to make the most out of schooltime during recess, try to train more like my flips to get them second nature. One more thing in mid Jan, the australian traceur Ista Ho will be visiting Singapore. I've seen his skills in videos and I think he is quite good but doesn't matter much actually, hope to have some fun time while training with him. Sucks that school is on that day so it will be quite tight but I'm sure I can find time.

I should be planning for my workout routine to start the new year and it will start soon, hopefully it won't clash with CNY so I'll try to put it at the last week of this month. From what I can see it will be alot tougher so I should be ready to up the intensity of my training just to get back on form. As safety is more concerned now, I should really polish up my form so yeah, must start polishing it.

Videos I will work on this year - documentary. Probably thats it. Will be working on other people videos starting with DARKMURAI first. Fred's and Ashton's should come short after followed by the rest like Dblucy, Stan, hopefully JY when his shoulder is fully recovered. Not too sure about the rest. This is a time where I can work on my filming and editing yet again haha. Will be working on the NYE jam video tomorrow when I come back from gym training, hopefully I get it done by then.

Oh well, I'm gonna go off and soon I will feel myself awakened in the early morning preparing to go school. 2 months past - just like that.

No comments: