Saturday, December 6, 2008

One day goals.

Felt that I'm more and more serious in my trainings than ever right now.

I'm starting see the effect from my strength training into my movements now. Jumping power increased and I've done more and more bigger jumps right now. My wallpass technique is getting better although its not very consistent yet. My SDC seem to more relax now but when it comes to far distances (that I can cover), my landing is poorly controlled. I need to practice more in control in my SDCs. Precision are good, which I'm quite happy. Armjumps, height wise are getting amazing, kinda like a testament in my transition of strength from my strength training routine, but I wanna learn how to land control for far armjumps. I need some work on balancing and rail precisions at the moment. Other movements are still OK..

Flips still sucks pretty much. I wanna be able to land nice flips, good height, landing not in bent knees or such, good control in landing, etc. It seems like my tucking, timing and transferring of forward momentum to height, and also understanding of the physics of flips (in my body) is the reason why my reason in sloppy. Bar tricks still really need adaptation, I'm still very scared of my 'leg swing thing' and the other movements are inconsistent too.

Strength training, I think my squats are OK, nothing bad about the form, I think I'm just overanxious at times. I'm gonna start trying to regain strength for abit, for this week, and from the other weeks onwards is just perfecting technique and form and rotating exercises. Adapting to new lifts and brushing up on stuffs that I need work in.

I still find them I push myself too much in trainings, although this week is a far better week. I bailed quite alot of times this week though.. some really careless, some just stupid. I think I'm pushing myself too much. I think one of the reason why this is so is that I thought I felt progression, and I think I am now able to do this or that. Well I should really stop trying to aim to nail harder movements or what, but rather just drill on the stuffs that I could already do and make it consistent. Since I already got the 'power' in this case, I should get it controlled. There is no point that you nail a bigger movement and hurt your joints and shit. Need to focus more on control and fast movements, and I want to get include more runs in to my training now.

I'm still thinking, it feels funny that we are actually do what we are doing. I mean, why would want to try to do a run up followed by a jump, in such placing your hand on a wall and tucking your legs through your arms, getting you up and over the wall and gaining enough momemtum to bring you to another ledge, landing it in a controlled manner. Or just another other thing that is considered 'Parkour' to people. I find it weird that we actually don't understand alot of things we do, that includes life. Humans just either hunt for food for the instincts, satisfying their want for fun by, having fun. I mean, everything we do now, is just what we want to do, we don't have a specific reason for everything. Ok I'm not making much sense, don't know whether its understandable at all.

Right now I think Pahcore, or more accurately movements, is like a really big part of me. I can tell you that I think I'm closer to my friends I train with as compared to my classmates or other friends. I don't know why, but then traceurs or people who practice such stuffs shares a bigger bond than most other people. Everyday now I'm training, training and training. I hardly even go out with my classmates or old friends anymore, even after school I go home straight and is kinda like, training-obsessed. I think we all should know how to draw a line whether you are training so much that you start to neglect your good friends, and your seriousness in your discipline. Oh well, its not really much a matter as I don't actually have much 'real' friends from school or anywhere else (other then through PeeKay). I need to socialize more.

Anyway, theres a reason why the post is titled such. Yes, one day goals. I will be able to do this stuffs one day. Most of this goals are purposely written in a way no one can properly understand, but only to me. I'm just writing this down and see whether they are actually being done and filmed in my 2010 video (doesn't matter whether I do them anot by then, but at least I will nail them one day).
-Slide castle catleap
-Top castle precision
-Kash2cat
-DDL Precision
-Dgainer
-FCL
-GCL
-Nazir wall
-Treegarden level sdc2p.
-Reverse2cat Bishan
-SDC2P NCspot 2nd ledge
(I will update this list when I need to, this list is not exhaustive)

This movements are probably the outcome of hard training, only numerous training and hard work put in can result to the strength and control needed for those intricate movements. That's what the whole purpose of myself training. I want to tell myself that I've only come so far due to the very reason that I've put so much effort in improving myself. That is why next year I'm gonna spend alot of time strength training in the gym, and also for getting flips and everything else down into my system.

Whats more, next year is the year where I hope to get my OAC and 2x BW squats. I'm gonna seriously work on my strength! And Olevels will be over next year, so 2010 will be SHIOK!

No comments: