Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thoughts in process.

Jelapang jam was awesome, managed to capture some cool clips from it and made it into one video.. editing was shit, but I guess for such videos it is the movements and vibe that counts. Christmas jam.. I'm gonna be making another video I guess, judging from how it is going to feel, and then another video for the NYE jam.

This post's gonna be long.
I got a few topics to discuss about and hope its not gonna be boring.

First up, training as usual.
I felt that I need more strength in my lower back to cover up for bad landings and of course for strength in my jumps. I think I'll do more lowerback strengthening exercises in the gym especially deadlifts. Sometimes I feel that my landings are crap.. and I keep thinking of possible back pains in the future. I guess need to work on my landings as well.. back to basics. Squat form is weird though, but I guess its fine. I need to get used to all the lifts before I start my routine in January. Should start planning for it soon too.
Flips. I just realize everything new thats a very long time to learn, once you get them well, like at least get technique down, it will be really easier. Backflips are way harder then it sounds. Whats more, theres still another problem - inconsistency. Oh well, I just really need to repeat and repeat my moves. Frontflip is something I could nail since last year, and because of lack of practice, I still can't even get them nailed properly. I really need to start drilling flips, as they are my weakest. 360s, handstands, bar tricks and the like, all takes alot of practice to be done, and even more to be done well. Need to practice alot now. Its just really frustrating to feel your backflips sucks and all.. this is something that is wrong with me. Once frustration takes over you, things will get more and more out of hand. Also for flips, I feel when you are a beginner, if you don't have access to gym, flips will be damn impactful. You know like landing frontflip in a very crouched position, and sometimes bailing your moves.. it just sucks. Without gym, you can't do the moves that you are afraid of, as in, will take a very long time to get over the fear. I have been pushing myself abit for the lache gainer, but then I still can't make myself do it because of the fear. Gosh, its gonna take awhile to get flips and its motion into my system.
Movements. I think my wallpass have been improving. Its still not very consistent as I want it to be, but at least my technique is getting better and better. I'm actually quite happy with it now despite it being one of my weakest of all the other techniques. Whats more my sdcs are improving alot too, which is something good but it just shows that I place too much priority on this movement alone, and thats why it is my strongest (and also my favourite) movement. 180s (cat2pre) are amazingly good too despite not training it much. Bishan is a good spots to train them. I feel that armjumps, one of my weak points is that I do not dare to do a catleap that I might jerk my shoulders. I'm pretty sure I can do them but I hesistate to grab the top for fear that I can't control it. Especially for high ones that I can't reach. All the rest are fine, precisions are still the same though.

Filming alot more now, gotten quite some amount of clips and gonna start editing my sampler already. As much as possible I want to make it have this element of suprise. In terms of editing, filming, and movements. Hahaha, now I need to find some time by myself to film my movements. I'm not very sure when I'm gonna release it, but I guess I'll just take my time. I hope it will be good. Ashton's showreel seems to be postponed, Fred sampler should be finishing soon, with the clips I have on my comp now. I need to film more timelapses, and more stylistic angle and cameramovement.
I just realize, I keep making myself seem like a very good cameraman but in fact I'm just pretty much an substandard videographer. Editing wise maybe I'm quite good at it, but then its just a standard that one can get to in like a few weeks messing with Vegas. Its pretty much no biggie. Also the most important thing that is for a video is the filming part. Bad filming can't be saved with good editing, but good filming can save bad editing. Whats more now I'm holding a HD camera, but I'm not making any good use with it. My hands are still kinda shaky and all, I can't do shit with adobe after effects, I'm just making myself look big holding a HD camcorder and a tripod, and all my seemingly cool video effects. Oh well, at least my passion in filmmaking is still there. Just I have much more to learn. I need to practice them by helping others make videos haha, and editing them too.

By the way, my shoes are dying soon as I've checked my soles. I think I bought them about end of last year, so its only this durable.. Hopefully this can last till March at least, then I will find a different shoe. This shoe rocks though, really like it alot. I guess the reason why my shoes wears this much is because of training at Bishan. Wtf, if people train over there regularly, I think they need to change shoes every 2 months. I listen to my shoes grinding against those unforgiving rough surfaces in my videos, can imagine how much soles I've lost in just one catleap. Imagine I buy a new shoe and do 1000 sdc2cats there, the shoe is only as good for one day. Seriously, Bishan rocks for sure but, wow the surfaces, although grippy, is a shoe killer.

I'm saving up money for a few stuffs now, but mainly a semi-fisheye lens, and travel trips to England, and one day Lisses too. I just want to ask myself why do I wanna travel? Travelling is definitely fun for anyone, but why England and/or Lisses? I've been watching the pk scene in the UK and just really wish to visit those guys over there, and also the brilliant spots at Cambridge and London. Like what I heard Ashton said, England is to go for enjoyment, Lisses for enlightenment. I do wish to meet Daniel Ilabaca, Blane, PhilyDee and those other guys. If I could meet the really experienced traceurs namely Yamakasi, David Belle, those pioneers in this discipline, it would sure be some inspiration. Lisses, the legendary spots of the world, the birthplace of the thing that I'm doing. Yeah, I really wish to go to those places. It will be hella fun.

No matter how many times I tell myself that I shouldn't like anyone affect the way I am and the things I do, usually I can't make myself do that, I always felt irritated and feel like fighting back. I know its really stupid for such things to happen, but it will take abit of time to get rid of such thoughts. LBC are a great example. IF they are at castle and I'm training there, I would probably hate the sight of them. I don't know why but what for.. I mean if they were to copy me or what and die or something, its nothing that has to do with me, its them who did the move.. I think I'll like to care less about them and mind my own stuffs. Even if they are around I will just do my thing, I don't really wish to talk to them and all.. just ignore as much as possible. Hais, whatever man, I just fucking can't let those people ruin my day or disrupt my training. Its stupid. Also if people wanna copy the things I do, I won't feel bad or think badly about it... I guess like its just a goal to someone, maybe I'm the trendsetter or something, or the guy with the most creativity and stuffs like that. If I'm the one who first did something doesn't mean I should be so proud and call everyone a copycat when they copy me. Lets just stop all this crap.

Just thought that, my friends.. do I have a real true friend? I can say the reason why I don't really click with the friends in school that well is because I don't like to do the stuffs they do, normally slacking around and shit like this. Like many would agree, people with similar interest will click really well and thats why traceurs do have a really special bonds towards each other. The people I talk to in msn is mostly traceurs, and really rare when a schoolmate of mine talk to me, or I talk to them. But then, one can hardly live alone, I'm not saying to be dependent on someone to live, but to be able to have help when we need it. Also at times where I need to pour out my thoughts and troubles, who will be there to really listen and really help. Ahh, well. I don't know much, I just feel that I'm not that sociable and too much obsessed with training. I wonder whether its a good thing or not.
BUT. Pahcore does really change one person. You know many people like to try different things that appeals to them. I was once a guy who really like soccer, and then for awhile I was into gaming, but then now I tried Pahcour with my poser friends in the past, and this is what I've became to. Actually to be honest, many guys started would be really interested and always wanting to train, thats normal. But sooner or later, they might start to get bored of it and slowly lose interest and drift away OR get more serious it in. I won't say 2 years will be enough to see one guy being serious in Parkaour. I'm talking about 3 years of hardwork and proper training. Its only then it becomes and natural habit to go out and train everyday, and only feel weird if you are not training.
Anyway thats way off topic. Changing ones life doing Pahcor, it really does. Of course Pacor does not appeal to everyone. Only a selected few. Its just change everything, the view on things, the way it affects your life, and your friends.. diet, family, all kinds. Its really a turning point in life, towards to right direction. Do you know something, my grades actually did improve while still training hard, I was training throughout my exams and I ended up 11/195 level position. Not bragging at all but just saying it did somehow made me more discipline even my studies, and just saying you shouldn't give excuses not to train because of schoolwork/exams/shit, and lastly on the contrary, if you train alot, doesn't mean your results will slacken.

Oh well the recent case of PKSG being on stomp and those shit, made me thought of how irritating Singaporeans are. I don't really like the stares from the public especially when its like carried with negative connotations. I really hate those aunties and malay mats.. Oh well, when you are living in a such crappy country, rushing progression in architecture and urbanization when its only 43 yearold+/- .. nevermind, talk about Singapore only angers me.

I wanna find more different kinds of music now, I got ideas for videos (my videos) that I wanna make in the future. Documentary-themed video which I plan to be about 8minutes long, I will be talking about my life and Parkour, telling everybody how I feel and things like that. And another, probably a short epic trailer kind of video, artistic and epic feel to it. To make such videos, I must have good music woohoo.
I used to watch snowboard flicks and try to learn their camera movement. I'm still waiting to download Double Decade and Teenage Love Graffiti from two of my favourite production teams, MDP and Isen7. Because snowboarding is quite similar to film for Peekay, its kinda cool that I could try to learn the way the move their camera for shots. Its easier said than done though.. I just can't wait to see their new movies.

To think about it after some soul-searching, I realize as a person I don't really think I've been a good one, I feel that I'm sometimes pretty irritating and things. I don't really thing I cherish my friends properly, thinking that I'm taking things for granted. Sometimes I couldn't take insults, sometimes I give too much insults. I might always tend or seem to be a little boastful probably subconciously. Then I do contradict myself at times, kinda like hate people because they do things that I actually do as well.. and many more.
Year's almost over and I hope to have a brighter year ahead, especially when this year is OLEVEL YEAR NOOOO!!

I'm gonna write a year in review soon.
This post is filled with crap. Wasting time reading much?

No comments: