Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Year in Review

I'm gonna write a review of the year 2008, looking back at this year, month by month, and conclude it in the end, discussing about the goods and bads, the obstacles I've been through, achievements and downfalls, not only in PK, but in studies, families, life in a whole. The following craps might sound, like crap to you, but you think I care?

January
Can't remember much for the first few months, but PK wise I've did wisen up alot, expose myself to more stuffs. Also, I can remember I struggled like fuck in my studies, LIKE FUCK. I got 0 for my Amaths test out of 21. Chinese struggled throughout.

February
I think I did about a month of 50 repetitions of my catleaps, precisions, vaults, after that month I felt tremendous improvement. Proved to me repetitions really works, and thinking back, why am I not repeating the stuffs that I'm doing. I think the real reason why my SDC is damn good is because of the number of time I've practiced them. I really can't remember much else, this feels like so long ago but its actually only 10 months..

March
I made a video this month which proved to be something that gotten me some recognition. The video is currently the most viewed video of mine, and the video of the end of this year that I'm gonna make is hopefully gonna crash that. 2010 breakthrough video would own all of my videos combined, thats my goal. Ok this month I felt alot of improvement which can be seen in the video. Practiced alot of runs which was the highlight of the video. All I can say my studies is still crap at this point.

April and May
Training goes on as usual. This few months are probably the most mundane of ALL months.. I don't know anything that happened here, except my exams for May, which I think I did reasonably well.. Let me check my old blog post.. lol.
Ok actually this month I suddenly found my way, and realize I don't practice PK, but L'art du displacement.. And of course the 17th and 18th Jam.. Amazing jam with Qayyim and the other guys, one of the most funnest jam ever.. Bought a training diary. I can't remember much else. Whatever.


June
I went to Vietnam for the first week of my June Holidays, memorable experience, first time on the plane, first time overseas. Came back, I felt very moodless to train, not sure why. My skills are still there definitely, I don't think I'm rusty, but lose motivation. I was planning to make a video, so filmed stuffs throughout the holidays. The holidays was a really quick one, but one crapped happened before July started. I die die wanted to get the wallpass at simei for the video in May July. Fucking hell, I didn't know it was so hard. It took my countless of tries, lefting the camera there to operate for minutes and minutes.. 50 attempts +/- mostly not even close. I gave up in the end, feeling the sore in my knee, which I already felt earlier on, but kept on trying. This ended up for a long time, till November is it totally gone.. I guess. Only bright thing in this month is that I got to meet a couple of new faces to PKSG, Zhiyang, Dblucy, Fred.

July
Was in a total mess, going to the docs, finding doctors, icing it daily, hardly get to train. Rest for two weeks, went back to gym, worsened its condition. I can't even do squats, amazing. And during that time I hardly did anything which is like wtf. I really hate that. This month is one of the most stagnant month since I ever stepped into PK. Knee condition wasn't never OK until September... but thats not anytime soon.

August
I was busy recuperating, only did watched videos everytime I came back from school. Yet again exams are coming, about to. The first obstacle of this month was that I lost my belonging when I went to Clementi with Glen and Ashton and Gab. Really pissed off, my camera, amaths txtbook, ipod, wallet, hp, they went missing. Thinking back, wow, fucking wasted. Hais. But really thanks to Tutu, he helped me got this fucking awesome 2k camcorder, I feel really guilty not treating him even better. I should do so now.. hais. Guilt. I did go back to strength training for abit, movements gotten abit rustier but its a good cause, I stopped Parkour so I won't impact myself, body getting back to business.

September
Finally my knee seems to be working fine, went back to strength training, as to build up my strength before training PK again. They are awesome, feels so good back to training, first real routine, learnt alot throughout. I didn't do much of PK, but helped to filmed Dblucy's sampler.
As I started training, exams are around the corner, stress are building up. During this month, something happened to my family, which gotten into serious trouble...

October
Exams starts, really stressful period but yet I continued with strength training, which turns out to be not a hindrance in my studies. I actually scored pretty well compared to May, and some much more imporvement from the start of the year (and the past year). Already gotten past my previous Squats 3RMs and I'm starting to get back to PK training, but light training. Knee cocks up but it heals pretty soon. This month is also the time where I look ahead of my future, plan my statement, train with a goal in mind. My birthday jam was another memorable episode of my life. Probably the best birthday ever. Then soon, its november.

November
I finished my routine with an awesome 76kg 5rm, I get to go out with more of the PKSG traceurs this month, Holidays started, started to train PK more and more, can see the tremendous improvements squats done to my movements. And theres the huge PKSG jam at Bishan. I dont know much of else, just my knee gotten healed pretty good. Enjoyed the time as I'm out of school.

December
This month hadn't finished, but I can say I'm really happy with the standard I'm in now. I'm getting stronger everyday, mentally and physically. Got a couple of awesome jams already, and still waiting for the jam to end the year. Recently I've bailed more than usual, which is retarded and bad, something that I need to fix, yet again. Also, started to film more clips for the video that I'm gonna release soon.

Overall.. I can say this is a pretty good year. Learnt from mistakes, brighten up alittle, seen more of life and the bads. In school, I gotten the meet better friends unlike the past class, quitted NCC, now going to school isn't necessary a misery. Although theres are some fights here and there, rivalry, hatred, I can say theres no trouble amongst friends. Studies, I think I'm coping OK, after awhile to adapt to Sec3 standards. Next year will be my O level year and I expect alot of the stuffs there to be even more stressful and harder, as I prepare to end my Secondary School life... hopefully happily.

Also for my movements, I think this year is the year where I finally get into PK or whatever the name of the thing I'm doing is. I know I'm gonna stick to this till the day I die. Also improved alot, very happy with the standard I'm in, strength training is going damn well too, squats improved so much, get acclimated to gyming. Although theres a big mistake during June, I really learnt my lesson and definitely must listen to my body.
Filming definitely improved and editing too. I wanna make just two movies next year, one documentary, and just an cinematic trailer-like video thingy (not confirmed though). Just get prepared for the video that I'm gonna release, haha.

As I've written alot of craps now, I think I'm gonna stop, and I'm gonna make a New Years Resolution post soon.

No comments: