Monday, December 29, 2008

New Years Resolution.

I've been thinking about the things I want to do next year. I can see my progress for this year, just this year alone, its remarkable. If I were to work towards my goals and have a clear mind of what to aim for, probably my progression will be faster, and go the right direction. And since its my OLevel year, I probably can't train as much as I want to, so I would just want to get alot stronger by training in the gym as thats the only place I can train. Thats the main focus of the year (other then studying), is to get alot alot stronger.

So yeah, strength training is my priority. Goals for it - break the 2x BW squats milestone and work up to a OAC (for both arms). Those are the main goals, most important goals. The other goals are subjective, of course I want my lifts to improve, but then I have no specific numbers for it.

Also the second priority next year is working on my flips. I always wanted to flip, but I never trained them seriously. Its like I kept procrastinating when I told myself to work on flips. I don't know why, its either because I lack motivation to train for them, or I'm still not too used to flipping and fear keeps pulling me away. Whatever it is, I want to be able to move in all kinds of way, and flips are one type of movements that I aspire to do. I really don't go out of my comfort zone much, always sticking to pharkcore and SDCs which are my strengths. I need to work on the things I suck at, so as to get better and used to them. I want to at least get the basics into my system. Backflip, frontflip especially, then work my way to the other higher level movement. I hope to just get every opportunity to practice my flip during recess in school. I need to get those flips into my muscle memory, like my parkour movements. And the only way to do that is to keep repeating them.

Other movements that I want to work on and that is out of my comfort zone is handbalancing. I do want to be able to do a good solid handstand, being able to control my handstands whether it is staying still and walking about, and can save it when it is out of balance 95% of the time. Get to do some handstand presses, and be flexible enough on my wrist and hamtrings and strong hip flexors to do l-seats to handstand. I'll also be working on bodyweight strength feats so as to not be just strong with weight. Also, 360 precisions and catleaps. Just get used to twisting and have control in midair too. Of course bar tricks, reverse vault for distance, palmspins, railwork and all this goes.

Now you get my MSN personal message - twisting (360s), invertions (handstands), rotations (flips).

Next year will be the year where I get alot stronger and more better in my flips (or freerunning, whatever it is). I want to keep drilling the moves that I'm weak and scared in, be consistent in the stuffs in my past videos or moves that I can already do. Its not gonna be easy, but I have no choice but to work hard if I want to be able to do stuffs in 2010. And this year I could also rest abit from Parkour and work more on flips, so there will be lesser impacts to my body.

Sadly reading my training diary for the goals I wrote to achieve by the end of this year, I didn't achieve much. 2x BW squats deadlifts, wow I can't believe I was so ambitious. But next year, I really hope I can hit that, as long as my weight stays below 55kg. I got straight armed climbups, but didnt got planche en force or 1/2BW pullups (I actually could but I haven't tried so I wouldn't say I could). Didn't get handstands too. My flips wasnt consistent. But I do know how to do a variety of lifts. The other goals are mostly how I see my training, like stop being regretful after training, to be more sensible and self controlled. I'm not confident enough to say a yes so I think it is a no. This shows how my goals are too ambitious and mostly because I never work hard enough to it. I should start making sensible, realistic goals.

Oh well its like 4 more days away from the reopening of school, and that really really sucks, I can't believe how fast time flies, days goes by like nothing, hais, O levels are coming soon, so I should really work hard in my studies, I don't want to regret in the future. I hope the year ahead would be a wonderful one.

My new years resolution - focus more on studies, focus more on flips, focus more on gyming. And to be a better person overall.

I'm gonna use this blog as a personal blog from now on, I don't really care about the other blog anymore. Anything else out of PK that I want to crap about, it will be here.. this is my life blog.

No comments: